So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

whats the point of it though....why should i do rated warzones for a different color model when I'm going to have to wear crit crafted level 10 items and look like a hobo anyway.

This whole patch is dumb.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolololol

What is the point of PvP servers then?

To make it more interesting. If you're questing on Alderaan you can be ambushed by imps/reps. On PvE servers you can't (not sure how PvE servers work flagging wise).

It should be

How?

There are limitations on open world PvP. Do you really think someone should be awarded with epic gear for gang-banging solo players out in the open world, who are just doing their dailies?

What kind of measurement of skill is that?

The stats you earn in rated will be what will show how good or bad you are. The casuals and the bads will talk down stats saying they mean nothing. The truth is if you are bad it will show and you can't hide from stats that all can see.

Then why would you possibly be interested in ranked warzones?

The entire point of ranked or ratings is to categorize into a type of epeen/ego ordering.

I prefer competitive play with a beneficial reward system. (See: WoW and Arena with Gladiator mounts/ 2200+ rated weapons.) I can care less for showing my different coloured geared because it makes me *look* better.

If you're only in it for the stats on gear, you have no reason to do rated. Simple as that.

Rated warzones are for people who like to PvP and want to play competitively.

How people don't understand this is beyond me. I mean, I loved playing ball growing up and all we got was a stupid plastic trophy. lol I was happy!

I prefer competitive play with a beneficial reward system. (See: WoW and Arena with Gladiator mounts/ 2200+ rated weapons.) I can care less for showing my different coloured geared because it makes me *look* better.

I'm just like you, was a glad in wow for many seasons. Don't worry though because you wont even wear the rated gear. You will wear crit crafted oranges with augment slots because they will be better so you can look like you are level 10.

I'm just like you, was a glad in wow for many seasons. Don't worry though because you wont even wear the rated gear. You will wear crit crafted oranges with augment slots because they will be better so you can look like you are level 10.

Props to my fellow glads. I'd like more info regarding what you are talking about though, what is this augment slot system and oranges I've been hearing about?

I would have rather seen them put design effort into the ranked gear so that it is directly noticeable. If the ranked warzones are just for epeen and the new gear isn't going to effect stat changes at all then they should have designed it to look entirely different instead of the exact same gear but with slightly different colors. As it is I couldn't tell you what color Battlemaster gear is because I don't care about the color of my gear. Just my own opinion on the gear "redesign" that is supposed to keep people interested. For me, it doesn't work.

It doesn't really matter.

Most people are going to rip the mods out of whatever they have and put them in their favorite look of gear. As long as the rated war hero gear is the only way to get that model of gear in that specific color, then those interested in that type of thing will know what gear they have.

I can tell you right now - within 5 minutes of logging in when 1.2 goes live - I will be ripping the mods out of my butt-ugly plywood covered Columni commando legs and putting them in my moddables that I had to bank. I literally look like crap right now.

I haven't looked at the war hero models but honestly, if they don't measure up to my moddable set, the mods would be ripped out and put in my moddables. That wouldn't keep me from joining a rated warzone team within my guild if I wanted to play competitively. I know that gear scaling has no place in competitive PvP though.

Imagine playing Warcraft 3 with someone that has an account bound item that makes them construct all units 20 seconds faster simply because they put more time in playing the game than you did. How would any game played against them ever be fair until you had put in enough time to get the same advantage? That is exactly what is wrong with gear scaling in PvP.

Props to my fellow glads. I'd like more info regarding what you are talking about though, what is this augment slot system and oranges I've been hearing about?

I'll break it down to you...

Come 1.2 you will be able to take all mod enhancements out of your gear and put them in orange customizable gear (they wanted to make everyone look how they wanted)

The problem with this is, the orange gear can be crit crafted, which opens up an augment slot. If you have an augment slot on every set of your orange craftables you are looking at like 100-200+ your main stat which is grossly superior to our ranked warzone ****.

So pretty much you have to get the ranked warzone **** for the mods/enhancements, buy orange crit crafted gear for 5 million credits cause it will be rediculous and put augments on them if you are a min/maxer like most glads are.

and everyone will look like they are level 10 cause they will be the easiest to get.

We will all look like noobs

Edited by Paralassa
content

Come 1.2 you will be able to take all mod enhancements out of your gear and put them in orange customizable gear (they wanted to make everyone look how they wanted)

The problem with this is, the orange gear can be crit crafted, which opens up an augment slot. If you have an augment slot on every set of your orange craftables you are looking at like 100-200+ your main stat which is grossly superior to our ranked warzone ****.

So pretty much you have to get the ranked warzone **** for the mods/enhancements, buy orange crit crafted gear for 5 million credits cause it will be rediculous and put augments on them if you are a min/maxer like most glads are.

and everyone will look like they are level 10 cause they will be the easiest to get.

Actually, you'll just buy the standard war hero gear for the mods. You don't need the rated version for that.

Edited by Paralassa
removed content quote

So how did you ever really know if you were the best when you had better gear?

Lol gg, I'm actually looking forward to this patch and /loling at the people wearing ranked gear.:):):)

Thank you, good sir.;)

Edited by Paralassa
removed bad content quote

Lol gg, I'm actually looking forward to this patch and /loling at the people wearing ranked gear.:):):)

Thank you, good sir.;)

np dude. Just get your favorite looking set. I'm going to find the ugliest noobish looking gear so I look like i'm level 10 just because thats what they want us to do and mod it out.

It really is fail, they want to give everyone customization options but they actually just took it away.

High ranked pvp gear (warhero) should have augments in it. What if i liked the way it looked? doesnt matter, go look like a level 10 noob instead, its better.

fail logic

Doesn't war hero gear have better stats than BM gear?

You can still only get it from doing ranked WZs.

The rated war hero gear is the same stats as regular war hero gear. You'll still need to do ranked WZs to get the war hero gear. The more "prestigious" look is just to show off that you have a high rating because you performed at a higher level.

There may not be a statistical advantage to doing WELL in rated wzs (other than presumably gearing faster) but there is for playing them.

np dude. Just get your favorite looking set. I'm going to find the ugliest noobish looking gear so I look like i'm level 10 just because thats what they want us to do and mod it out.

It really is fail, they want to give everyone customization options but they actually just took it away.

High ranked pvp gear (warhero) should have augments in it. What if i liked the way it looked? doesnt matter, go look like a level 10 noob instead, its better.

fail logic

I suspect we'll end up seeing augment kits so we can retrofit raid/pvp gear with augment slots.