Which spec tree is best?

I'm trying to decide between Sawbones, Scrapper and Dirty Fighting, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

I think it'd be interesting to have a healer focused Smuggler, but I'm also intrigued by the Scrapper tree as well with it's focus on melee/stealth.

I know absolutely nothing about Dirty Fighting.

What should I choose?

Dirty Fighting is our weakest tree for Endgame content. Scrapper works very well for PVP and decently for PVE. Sawbones works decently for both PVE and PVP.

After 1.2 hits DF will be even worse, Scrapper will be worse at both PVP & PVE and Sawbones will be considerably better.

Really, learn how to play as a Sawbones. It's what people will be wanting you to do once you hit 50 for the next few months.

What my partner in crime above me said... take sawbones.

Georg (Bioware) stated that even though dps specced scoundrels are the least played, he will still make adjustments (nerfs) to them because the majority of people hates getting killed during a stun lock. And those people threaten to quit paying Bioware.

Businesswise Bioware is doing the right thing : make 99% of the players happier (to survive those pesky dps scoundrels) and just make 1% unhappy.

What my partner in crime above me said... take sawbones.

Georg (Bioware) stated that even though dps specced scoundrels are the least played, he will still make adjustments (nerfs) to them because the majority of people hates getting killed during a stun lock. And those people threaten to quit paying Bioware.

Businesswise Bioware is doing the right thing : make 99% of the players happier (to survive those pesky dps scoundrels) and just make 1% unhappy.

Personally (as a sawbones main spec) I think always on stealth abilities in these games need to go away forever. It's a cool idea but in practice, you always end up in situations where either people are pissed off at being picked off constantly or the stealth class is nerfed into oblivion.

I'd honestly prefer it if stealth were let's say a 10 sec ability on a 60 sec cooldown or something. Then they could balance us appropriately without the whiners chiming in.

Edited by Ultanar

Dirty Fighting is our weakest tree for Endgame content. Scrapper works very well for PVP and decently for PVE. Sawbones works decently for both PVE and PVP.

After 1.2 hits DF will be even worse, Scrapper will be worse at both PVP & PVE and Sawbones will be considerably better.

Really, learn how to play as a Sawbones. It's what people will be wanting you to do once you hit 50 for the next few months.

yeah exactly. scrapper until 1.2 hits (i really hate sawbones healing right now), and then sawbones once 1.2 drops..

Finally we all agree on something yay!!

Thank god my BM gear works pretty well for healing too hahaha

I also encourage people to start an alt GS they have way more burst and they really are way more fun to play than they seem. You can really man-handle people with your CC if you know how to work it.

I just cleared up the shelf for my scrapper....

PS: It would be great if scoundrels paired up ALL the time in WZ and continued to ROFLstomp people so we can stick it back to all the Haters in Georg's kingdom.

Edited by Quintan