What happened to Kreia's blood line in SW:TOR? [May contain spoilers]

Azure_Prower

While Female exile is canon, canon Exile had both Mikal and Handmaden on her ship. I realize that this is impossible in Knights of the Old Republic 2, but it is canon non the less. Which means that all the conversations in the video could have happened in the canon storyline, and likely did happen, and are likely canon.

The reason for this is because originally, you either got Brianna OR Visas depending on your alignment at some point and had nothing to do with the sex of your character, you were supposed to always get Mical. Sadly though, it was changed and just sort of patched together, like the whole game. You were also supposed to get Atris as a follower to counter-balance Kreia. They changed a lot about the game but didn't have time to completely redo it, hence why it's a mess.

IIRC the male/mical and female/brianna conversation files are still in the sound files if you look.

I remember some Obsidian dev explain it all. Additionally, they started making it before Kotor 1 was even out, that's why it feels so disconnected from kotor 1 in many parts.

The reason for this is because originally, you either got Brianna OR Visas depending on your alignment at some point and had nothing to do with the sex of your character, you were supposed to always get Mical. Sadly though, it was changed and just sort of patched together, like the whole game. You were also supposed to get Atris as a follower to counter-balance Kreia. They changed a lot about the game but didn't have time to completely redo it, hence why it's a mess.

IIRC the male/mical and female/brianna conversation files are still in the sound files if you look.

I remember some Obsidian dev explain it all. Additionally, they started making it before Kotor 1 was even out, that's why it feels so disconnected from kotor 1 in many parts.

So let me see if I have this right: Lucas Arts greenlit a sequel, had BioWare come up with basic story elements and game framework, then handed it off to Obsidian, pushed them to rush it through,causing them to cut parts;all before KOTOR had even hit the shelves and they could determine if it would sell, let alone be popular enough to warrant a sequel?

/headdesk

Wookieepedia is not the perfect place for reliable,accurate information but this should clear things up for you:

"Development of The Sith Lords began at approximately the same time that the original Knights of the Old Republic was released for the Xbox, on July 15, 2003."

Edited by Temeluchus