Building and sustaining the focus pool.

Liberate

I am working on a level 13 sentinel, in regards to building focus, whats the most efficient way to do it? Should I strike multiple times then do a damage dump, or should 1-2 damage abilities, then strike, strike, 1 - 2 damage abilities etc.

I feel like in pvp I am getting destroyed because I can't push out the dps as I am always using strike to build focus.

it's been so long since I've been at that level, that's a tough one to answer. For the most part, I try to have enough focus to pull off as many higher damage spenders as possible, so I probably did multiple strikes to get a nearly full bar before spending at that level. However, I should tell you that I pretty much suck at pvp lol

I feel like in pvp I am getting destroyed because I can't push out the dps as I am always using strike to build focus.

You're getting destroyed because you're f***ing lv13. You have a fraction of the skill points other people have and don't have most of your abilities yet. Your rotation is the last thing you should be worried about right now. It'll change a lot as you level anyway. Your focus problem is due to a lack of skill points. :rolleyes:

Edited by Game-Hermit

I don't PvP so I don't know the bracket level range that you're in. But as level 13, you have almost no skill pts and you're missing a lot of key abilities. Focus buildup is rough until you get Zealous Strike anyway. But for now, as Combat try Leap + Strike + Slash + Slash. Don't remember when you get Cauterize but if you have it, as Watchman try Leap + Cauterize + Strike + Slash. At that point, you're outa focus and probably wondering what to do. I'll be honest, at that level, so am I. Lol, good luck and don't worry...it gets way better and destructive as you level.