Blank Canvas

ACLucius

As many people are no doubt aware, games are no longer just played with. Games engines are now, and have been for many years, used for the purpose of creating movies and shows. One of the more popular ones being Red Vs. Blue using the Halo games for this. I have seen many examples of machinima come out of many other games and work extremely well and be popular.

No doubt, ToR will end up being one of those games. In fact, it is even beyond doubt, it absolutely will be because someone is going to do it. They have cinematics which they can take advantage of. They have vast planets on which to place their very own stories and bring them to life. Unfortunately, what they do not have is a blank canvas. Think of it like the forge mode in Halo, they can load whichever world they want, place in some objects and move them around to fit.

So, I would suggest that BW make an instance accessible from the fleet where players can go to which is basically a blank room, much like what you see on the consular story line where you are pulled into that fake holocron and have a pure white world. However, allow the ops leader and lieutenants can load the world, place objects where needed, use a huttball, anything that would be available in the game, within reason.

Now, I know this is a big task, and honestly it is far far down on the priority list for even ideas to consider. I wouldn't even expect this option to come out in the second year of this game's existence. However, if it is not suggested, who would actually think to make it?

No doubt it would be of use to a small minority of players, but it would be nice, and I'm sure there would be some benefits from the free advertisement machinima would bring. Like I said, I wouldn't expect it to come out any time soon, but what is the worst that could happen with a suggestion for it? At worst it's not accepted, and at best in a few years we might see it.