Rakata Mind Prisons

Z-ToXiN

I just want to say that I think these things are a really cool idea.

I remember back in KotOR, that seemingly insignificant sidequest where you have to deliver a "mysterious box" you are told not to look in from Tatooine. I *almost* didn't look inside; to think what I could have missed. I was shocked at the contents of the box; being transported into an area of endless white with... a real live Rakata! Well, not quite it turned out. I found the encounter to be fascinating, the idea that a mind could be trapped in a "mind prison" for tens of thousands of years. And that little riddle game you play to determine who goes back in your body. To think the Rakata's weakness is simple numbers...

Anyway, I found this "mysterious box" sidequest to be by far the most memorable and intriguing in KotOR. My mind was blown away by it. Its one of those game story moments that I will always remember.

So in SWTOR, I was thrilled with Empire Tatooine planet quest line, then later on Belsavis:

It was pretty awesome going on a wild chase after some mysterious thing only to find that it is (well I think it is) the very same mind trap and Rakata that Revan dealt with! One of th high points of TOR's story for me so far.

And then the Empire quest on Belsavis, where you actually get to go into a mind trap. Unfortunately, no riddle game this time, I guess it wouldnt work with TOR's convo system. It was slightly disappointing that it went right to a fight, especially since in KotoR it was said that physical fights wouldn't determine anything in the mind trap. But it was a cool twist when the possessed apprentice came in and allowed the Rakata to take over his body.

Anyone else just think these are really cool, and happy to see them make a comeback in SWTOR?

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.