1.2 Changes on PTS now!

MBlackhand

It would appear that Ataru Form damage may not be "increased by 10%", but actually reduced by 20-25%:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=371763

If anybody with a high-level on the test server can confirm or correct my conclusions, it would be good...

Devs responded to that thread and said Ataru is doing less damage and is not intended/will be fixed before 1.2 goes live.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs responded to that thread and said Ataru is doing less damage and is not intended/will be fixed before 1.2 goes live.

Re-read that thread if you think it won't be fixed for 1.2. Here's the actual quote from the Dev:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Ataru form is indeed doing less damage and this is not intended. We will be correcting this before Game Update 1.2 goes live.

Thanks for your feedback!

Annihilation is and will be the best spec if you are pugging and are solo suppressing/killing healers because the rest of your team sucks.

This is a very common event, which is why Annihilation is strong.

If you are in a premade with support and your raison d'etre is to actually gib people fast and hard, with bonus utility (e.g. you do not need to carry your team's damage on your back because you have other DPS focus fire), then Carnage will pull ahead.

If you are in a coordinated premade, or are more specifically trying to bust down healer x guard formations, then Rage will still be very effective.

I think the overall outcome of the changes is good in that it will provide Marauders 3 viable specs for different purposes. Note: Rage is already plenty good, I think they are making the Rage changes to reduce the biggest hits Juggernauts can achieve, and make the spec more sustained-DPS-friendly with Vicious Slash Spam.

Annihilation is and will be the best spec if you are pugging and are solo suppressing/killing healers because the rest of your team sucks.

This is a very common event, which is why Annihilation is strong.

If you are in a premade with support and your raison d'etre is to actually gib people fast and hard, with bonus utility (e.g. you do not need to carry your team's damage on your back because you have other DPS focus fire), then Carnage will pull ahead.

If you are in a coordinated premade, or are more specifically trying to bust down healer x guard formations, then Rage will still be very effective.

I think the overall outcome of the changes is good in that it will provide Marauders 3 viable specs for different purposes. Note: Rage is already plenty good, I think they are making the Rage changes to reduce the biggest hits Juggernauts can achieve, and make the spec more sustained-DPS-friendly with Vicious Slash Spam.

Easymode i luv u :p. I see so many posts about how "annihilation is da best ever don't even look at rage". Rage is gonna be just amazing with vicious slash spam and added root. Carnage as well with all the peals and burst. Oh and force crush plus force choke is also gonna be sweet :p

Edited by Rotanartlu