Game Update 1.2: Legacy is on the Public Test Sever!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree i could not say it any better. This update for bioware better work out or a lot of people will leave and go some where else.

I for one really not excited about all of this crap like the pvp garbage being forced on us whether or not you do it or not world

How i see it is if it is not worth my while i will go back to sto,Guild wars,or even War of angels i really see no reason to pay 15 a month for just pvp garbage i dont do.

First of all they should have added a better crafting system and better space battles. Im not looking forward to it

what is all the pvp crap as you put it are you talking about? all I've seen is novar coast an even that isnt huge, but they are adding bunches of stuff for everything and they are expanding on the crew skills, space battles I would agree need to be better but its reallly just a mini game inside the actual game anyways. Over all I believe its going pretty good, check out the PTS other then a few bugs its looking great and could see it implemented very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

If taken as the sum of its parts, 1.2 is a good update that brings many new features and long awaited bug fixes.

Unfortunately, it has all been overshadowed by the huge disappointment of what was promised and what was delivered. I have since downloaded the PTS client so that I can be sure for myself what the next patch will bring. I don't know how it has gotten to the point where that is required, but I intend to find out first hand next time.

Also, it seems that the patch "Legacy" has very little to do with how much legacy XP you have, and instead is based on how many Credits you have.

Below is some feedback both positive and negative on the new 1.2 features.

From Patch Notes 1.2 : Legacy http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

"Players can now unlock...buffs for your characters" Great

"New repeatable high-level daily missions are available in a new area on Corellia, the Black Hole!" That's one way to add more grind to the game

"Guilds now have access to a shared Guild Bank, accessible on the Fleets, with expandable storage." ....nice but, don't you have to expand the storage (600k) before it is accessible?

"A new tier of gear has been added for both PvP and PvE." A minor upgrade over existing Rakata. I don't understand why columi, which is so easy to get, is a 20% upgrade over all gear below it yet the HM/NM gear is only 5% better. The new stat variation options are good though.

"Players can now customize their User Interface" The real and only thing I was after was to have more than 4 action bars. Otherwise, an nice improvement but still needs work.

"The Imperial Transportation Authority and the Galactic Republic Safety Council have authorized the use of vehicles in Orbital Space Stations and Spaceports."

"On planets with an Orbital Station, players can now travel directly from the planet shuttle on the surface to their ship."

Great, not sure why it was thought that having more loading screens was a good thing in the first place.

"The Sprint ability is now available at level 1." Yes, just yes

"Cinematics throughout the game have been polished." Not that I've seen. Not yet implemented? (I do spacebar cinematics constantly however). Also, after 3 months, seeing a movie of my ship docking/undocking every time is well beyond getting old.

Classes and Combat

"Game Update 1.2. contains a significant number of changes and improvements" Changes yes, Improvements...we'll see.

"....but also involve modifications to the underlying combat math (for example diminishing returns, additional augment availability, etc.), which has an impact on combat..." From the Dev discussion information that I read, augmented gear was not going to be essential to clearing the new end game content and that having augmented gear would put you "Above the curve". Why are there now changes to the game mathematics based on augmented stats....? Seems like saying one thing, doing another *cough*

"...we have added a combat logging feature," Love it, ty

"Rest" abilities, ...are no longer interrupted by taking damage if the player is not currently in combat." Another win

"Combat Training Dummies" Thank you

Sorcerer/Sage healing

"Conveyance/Force Bending no longer unintentionally allows its buff to be applied to more than one healing ability." Completely understandable.

"Its effects have been slightly redesigned. It now...reduces the Force cost of Deliverance/Dark Infusion by 30%." Removing the quick cast all together on the strongest heal ability seems to push the class towards a set rotation focused on a formulaic pre-empting of damage rather than a dynamic reaction to damage. Also, something about it feels more like a "fudge" where, being unable to stop the effect being applied twice, its was just changed. Don't get me wrong healing still works, it's just well, boring.

"Rage/force/heat/energy free interrupt off of the GCD" Very nice

Crafting Skills

"On critical successes, crafted Custom (orange) gear now receives an Augment slot."

"The [Exceptional], [Advanced], [superior], and [Mastercraft] suffixes have been removed from crafted item names. [Augmented] will be appended as a suffix to crafted items that were a critical success."

"When crafting item modifications (mods, enhancements, etc), a critical success now yields double the quantity of modifications."

"Crafting materials obtained via endgame content now stack in the player's inventory. They no longer bind on pickup."

"Endgame crafting materials (Biometric Crystal Alloy, Self-Perpetuating Power Cells, Alien Data Cubes, and Rakata Energy Nodes) now drop less frequently but are freely tradable."

"Schematics are no longer consumed if a player attempts to use one that is already known."

All very good, ty.

However, the only real way to get an augmented orange shell is to have the schematic for either synthweaving or armourmech. I have all of the synthweaving patterns and would only use 7, maybe 8 schematics (empire side) across all 3 armour types. That would mean that even in the light armour sets, which has the most number of attractive schematics, there would really only ever be 4 different sets that the majority of players would be wearing. This is VERY, VERY.......VERY far from the PR information surrounding 1.2 and it's claims of unique customisation of individual character appearance. Another example of saying one thing, doing another *cough cough*

Reverse Engineering

"Players with the appropriate professions are now able to reverse engineer random drop items and acquire materials from them. This includes Operation materials from endgame items." This is redundant or needs looking at. There is no point reverse engineering a green/blue/purple drop when the materials you get back are worth 1/4 of the items vendor price.

Mission Skills

"Missions granted from Mission Discovery objects no longer have a chance to fail." Brilliant

"Players can now send multiple companion characters on a mission granted by a Mission Discovery if the player had more than one of that Mission Discovery." Not that I've seen. I'm unable to have more than one of the same mission discovery at one time. Saying one thing, doing another *cough cough cough*

Operations

"Credit rewards for defeating Operations bosses have been significantly increased." Not that I've seen or not yet implemented. Unless of course you're talking statistics. Yes, increasing credits gained from killing a raid boss from 40credits to 70credits per person is a statistically significant increase, however it doesn't really mean much when one death (even at the reduced price) still costs you a "highly significant" amount more. Saying one thing, doing another *cough cough cough cough*

Eternity Vault - Soa.

I can understand the fixes for Soa. Love it, nice work. It was buggy as hell. One thing though, it now requires 10-20% of the amount of healing it used to. Huh?

Karagga's Palace - Bonecrusher.

Not sure if it's a bug but if there's a change to Bonecrushers main combat mechanic it would be nice to have it mentioned in the patch notes. It seems he no longer locks to a certain direction when he sets his feet to cleave. The targeted person is now required to "eat" the cleave.

Karagga's Palace - G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator.

Similarly to Bonecrusher, if there's a change to the main mechanics of the panel burn phases where it is now an ice phase (left) and burn phase (right), it would be nice to have it mentioned in the patch notes.

Items and Economy

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account." Not that I've seen. Not yet implemented, or implemented poorly. I have had a number of FPs and Ops where either loot dropped for a class that was not present, or where loot was consistently dropping for a class that was underrepresented in the group. Saying one thing, doing another *cough cough cough cough cough*[

Anyways, sorry for the long post but if you'll excuse me I must go and get a glass of water. My throat is sore from the coughing....