Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The new Rage Quit

Provos

Well now that BW doubled the valor gain in wzs, even a loss is amazing valor. People care even less now. Lots more afkers/node sitters. That's what you get when you cater to casuals. qq we want less of a grind, derrrrr ok here, oh thanks now I dont evne have to try!

gg bw

It always amazes me that people say this, how does time played = skill/hardcore?

I can't wait to see half of you "hardcore grinders" in Guild Wars 2, to see how skilled you actually are. Compared to how much you need a gear advantage from playing 14hours a day.

I've been playing 3 different toons, my Sorc from release who's nearly BM and was incredibly easy as when I hit 50 and was in the warzones, there were 10/49's in there too and there was very few high rank players, I doubt any had BM gear at the time. This was so easy to level up and get gear.

Then I leveled my Vanguard, who was quite a bit harder as there were Battlemasters but I had a slight advantage for Voidstar/Alderaan that the Vanguard is probably the most mobile tank there is. So I could just range interupt anything at all.

Now I have my Sentinel, where atleast 4/8 are Battlemasters in full BM gear. As soon as I pick any target, I get annihilated where I don't have enough PvP gear.

The further into the game we get, the harder it is for fresh 50's to compete. So grats to those who've "grinded" 1 toon and now think they are skillful because they can destroy players with only 1 button.

I think the changes were needed, to try and help those who are gradually reaching 50. Try and roll an alt and see how well you do to start with. The grind is far harder now than it was when you started.

Instead of rage quitting, now entire teams just sit on a node doing nothing. How exciting the pvp has become. I would have assumed PVP would be improving from patch to patch, not regressing.

this has happened in every single game that had bgs in them its really nothing new at all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.