Rolling Another PvP Healer - opinions?

idaia

Hello my fellow lovely healers! :)

Currently I have a level 41 Sage healer and I am loving her both in PvE and PvP.

Like the title says, I am looking to create another healer primarily for PvP. Either faction works for me.

I am not necessarily looking for the best raw output or the easiest mechanics. What's more important to me is utility and the "feel."

So! What are your thoughts/experiences healing in PvP on any class (excluding Sage/Sorc)?

Hello my fellow lovely healers! :)

Currently I have a level 41 Sage healer and I am loving her both in PvE and PvP.

Like the title says, I am looking to create another healer primarily for PvP. Either faction works for me.

I am not necessarily looking for the best raw output or the easiest mechanics. What's more important to me is utility and the "feel."

So! What are your thoughts/experiences healing in PvP on any class (excluding Sage/Sorc)?

Commando/Merc Healers and Op/scound healers are pretty hard to kill if played properly.

Merc/mando Is more of a "tank" healer in the fact that it can take more dmg.

Ops/Scound Can output more healing while on the move making it a fustrating fight for melee. Its a Playstyle thing Imo.

Scoundrels are okay at PvE, they can handle any FP and ops, but have a harder time then the others.

At pvp we shine, we are kinda squishy, but with flash grenade, dirty kick, HoTs and going back to stealth, we can get out of otherwise suredeath situations.

Our Skill emergency medpac is an instant single target heal that consumes one stack of upper hand , no mana and no cooldown. When properly specced, it grants 1 stack if you use it on a player below 30% health. So you basically have an instant single target free heal if used on low health people. It can bait enemies, or just make a low health ally almost unkillable

We're also pretty good at stopping caps, with a few DoTs.

Edited by fnak

Can't say much about 50 since I haven't hit it yet, but I play a 41 operative (healing/dps hybrid) and I have played a ~30 healing commando. I love both classes for pvp healing although they have their own playstyles.

Commando (mercenary) is great at single target burst healing, they're not very mobile though since most of their healing and heal mechanic revolve around casting their 2 main heals. They have an earthshield ability (if you've played WoW) which I find very useful and their instant aoe heal is great on the move. They can take quite a lot of damage (esp if you also get guarded) because between your pushback and shield (which can be specced to grant interrupt immunity) you can heal yourself through a decent amount of melee damage. The only downside I can think of for this class besides mobility is that you aren't very good at kiting or escaping - you kind of just take it and hope to heal through it if no one peels.

Operative (scoundrel) healing is one of my favorite playstyles overall in this game (for pvp anyways), they're extremely mobile and have a lot of utility. They're good at topping people off and keeping them from dipping into execute range (and when they do fall that low you can spam your instant heal). I don't find them that great at emergency burst healing though - you can only keep it up for so long before you fall behind / get hindered by GCD / become energy starved. They have some great defensive cooldowns and can chain up some good burst dps when needed. It takes awhile to get used to the melee/ranged feel of the class unless you go pure healing (in which case I feel like other classes can fill that role better). What makes operative great is they are flexible and can switch from healing to dps (and vice versa) on the go.

We're also pretty good at stopping caps, with a few DoTs.

DoTs no longer interrupt caps. Ops are still great at interrupting caps because of grenades and free auto attack though.

I have a 50 Sage and a 50 Commando. I prefer the Sage for PvP healing. It's much more mobile, and survivability is still pretty good with use of LoS, range and sprint. I can burst heal for much longer, which is important in PvP. As well, I find mobility gives better survivability in most PuG situations.

Edited by Soshla