Orange moddable gear - has its own stats?

Cordonus

Hello,

Trying to wrap my head around this one. Basically I took out my first lightsaber from Korriban that I had stored in the bank and I put a couple of new mods in it. The damage and level requirement went up exceptionally. I expected that but what I'm trying to understand is this:

Let's say I have an orange moddable gun with +250 tech power. None of the mods, hilt, crystals say anything about impacting tech power. Let's say I got the gun from cademimu so its level 20ish.

If I put level 50 mods in it, (all of them, barrel, enhancement, crystal, etc...) does the +250 tech power remain constant? Does it go away? Or does it sky rocket to 400 something?

This is an ongoing source of confusion for me and my SO and would be greatly appreciated if resolved. Mainly since I have been tossing aside orange gear for higher level orange gear on the assumption that the base stats never changed.

The tech power, or force power for force weapons, is based on the hilt/barrel of the weapon. Orange items don't have stats of their own, with the exception of armor type (light/medium/heavy) being a multiplier on armor value. Edited by Fercil

Orange gear gets all of it's stats from the mods. Two orange items of the same type will be identical with the same mods. (The exception is armor because light, medium, heavy will scale the defensive values)

Orange gear was implemented as a solution to a problem that exists in other MMOs. You have a great looking piece of gear grows obsolete because you level up. Orange gear allows you to keep a piece that you like the looks of all the way to end game. It's actually one of the best innovations introduced by SWTOR.

Edited by Owsley

The tech power, or force power for force weapons, is based on the hilt/barrel of the weapon. Orange items don't have stats of their own, with the exception of armor type (light/medium/heavy) being a multiplier on armor value.

Orange items don't have stats of their own...that's what confuses me cause I do see orange guns, lightsbaers, armour, whatever with tech power, or force power on it.

Seems like if it is based on the barrel or the armour though it will go up when the base barrel, hilt, armour, or whatever is replaced?

Seems like if it is based on the barrel or the armour though it will go up when the base barrel, hilt, armour, or whatever is replaced?

Yes. Replacing barrel or hilt of a weapon gives you the direct stat bonuses on said barrel/hilt, increases the dmg range of the weapon and increases force/tech power on it. Similarly replacing armor mod on armoring gives you the direct stats on the armor mod and increases the armor value of the item.

Yes. Replacing barrel or hilt of a weapon gives you the direct stat bonuses on said barrel/hilt, increases the dmg range of the weapon and increases force/tech power on it. Similarly replacing armor mod on armoring gives you the direct stats on the armor mod and increases the armor value of the item.

Thank You! I owe my SO a pepsi

• 4 weeks later...
I stripped down two medium, moddable robes last night, (one was the Esseles Sentinel robe, the other was the robe I got from completing the Gree missions on Coruscant) and there was a little over a 100 point difference in the armour values with all addons removed.

I stripped down two medium, moddable robes last night, (one was the Esseles Sentinel robe, the other was the robe I got from completing the Gree missions on Coruscant) and there was a little over a 100 point difference in the armour values with all addons removed.

It's a display bug. The actual armor value is the same. When modded, it's whatever the armoring is.

It's a display bug. The actual armor value is the same. When modded, it's whatever the armoring is.

*Major facepalm*

Yeah, totally my bad. Ran across another site that mentioned that and rechecked. The Esseles robe that had the higher armour last night showed up with 16 armour today when totally stripped. Looks like appearance is the only differentiating attribute between orange items.

the only thing that kinda confuses me is that some orange armor has a level requirement even when it has no mods/armor/enhancement in it... i dont understand why, anyone know??

Bioware decided to lock quite a few oranges to the same level as the non-orange version of the gear with same model requires.

That way people who wear orange don't have the advantage that they can look better earlier.

So no level 1 Sith Acolytes running around in level 50 Sith Lord Armour.