Possible to add augments to purchasable Orange items?

Exastiken

Hi all,

I've heard that patch 1.2 will"enable the creation of augment slotted items through various crafting professions. " (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3406401)

I currently have a Republic Officer outfit from the CE store which I think fits my character well. I've been adding my strongest mods to the armor and plan to make it my endgame equipment. Anyone know if it's possible to add augments to this, or if I can learn a recipe for this item to craft augments to it? It would suck if I had to wear another armor instead of my favorite one simply because it's weaker than augmented moddable armor.

none at all? That seems kinda unfair to people whose armors are only purchasable in stores, because then they will ALWAYS be weaker than crafted ones :(

If I understand it correctly, this will be possible but just not until 1.2 releases.

none at all? That seems kinda unfair to people whose armors are only purchasable in stores, because then they will ALWAYS be weaker than crafted ones :(

Exactly. Crafting professions need balancing, and this is one of the ways it will be done.

I hung onto armourmech waiting for 1.2 to balance things with Biochem, and this is one of the ways it will be done.

I'll spam create orange gear items, wait for a crit, add all rakata mods then the best augments money can buy. So in theory, if I crit enough, I'll have +28 cunning on each piece EXTRA.

You wont be able to add augments on vendor bought items, only crit-crafts. Otherwise, it wont balance.

With Game Update 1.2, we will enable the creation of augment slotted items through various crafting professions.

You will not be able to retrofit existing items with augment slots, but this is something we're discussing internally as 'we probably want to add this', so any of your feedback is worthwhile to us. If/when we offer that option, it will be added in a way that does not devalue the crafter community.

Regarding augments in general, we are NOT increasing the power level of augments. The current top level augments in the game will, for 1.2. at least, remain the most powerful augments in the game. Reverse engineering for augments will be added as well (for the appropriate professions), so any augments already obtained before 1.2. should retain their value.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3406401#edit3406401