Combat Medic Weapon Options

Cellwinn

I have only just started on my Commando and want to go full Combat Medic as I have a preference for healers (Main is a Sawbones Scoundrel). However I'm not a huge fan of the massive LOL-Cannons that Commando's favour.

My question is this, once I am in operations and FP is it practical or feasible to have a Blaster Rifle instead as a stat-stick or is it going to gimp me?

Now for Soloing the AC is designed around using the Assault Cannon but is the healing affected by what weapon is equipped? If the weapon is an Orange modifiable Rifle with mods ripped from the appropriate Assault Cannon would the healing be the same or am I missing a mechanic that means that the Cannon is a requirement.

Healing of hammer shot is not determined by weapon damage but by tech power so in a word yes you can use a blaster rifle, I use the Disruptor rifle from the PVP vendor on carrick station 500 odd commendations and have modded it up as I level. While my DPS is a little lower than your average combat medic my healing is just as good plus you have the added advantage that you don't get targeted quite so quick in PVP as the Chimps think your a vanguard especially if you avoid using healing hammer shot. Very rarely will you be doing much dps in FP or Ops (I find I only use hammer shot to charge CSC) So makes little difference. Edited by UglyGreenTrog

Healing of hammer shot is not determined by weapon damage but by tech power so in a word yes you can use a blaster rifle, I use the Disruptor rifle from the PVP vendor on carrick station 500 odd commendations and have modded it up as I level. While my DPS is a little lower than your average combat medic my healing is just as good plus you have the added advantage that you don't get targeted quite so quick in PVP as the Chimps think your a vanguard especially if you avoid using healing hammer shot. Very rarely will you be doing much dps in FP or Ops (I find I only use hammer shot to charge CSC) So makes little difference.

HoB is disabled.

So if someone is capping a turret where you cant see you've lost your no CD and fast deployed ranged AOE so you need to run round to see them or try casting Mortar in time (if its off CD)

Edited by Gyronamics

I have only just started on my Commando and want to go full Combat Medic as I have a preference for healers (Main is a Sawbones Scoundrel). However I'm not a huge fan of the massive LOL-Cannons that Commando's favour.

My question is this, once I am in operations and FP is it practical or feasible to have a Blaster Rifle instead as a stat-stick or is it going to gimp me?

Now for Soloing the AC is designed around using the Assault Cannon but is the healing affected by what weapon is equipped? If the weapon is an Orange modifiable Rifle with mods ripped from the appropriate Assault Cannon would the healing be the same or am I missing a mechanic that means that the Cannon is a requirement.

Im in the same Boat, and currently using a rifle. Just swap mods out no biggie.

Thanks for the answers. very appreciated.

FWIW I don't PVP so the only time I can see this lack of DPS being an issue is during the Infernal Council. I'll probably look at having a Cannon for that fight but ill prefer to rock a Rifle.