BW unviels some great optimization news

VertisReaper

In an interview with Darthater: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19981-guild-summit-interview-with-daniel-erickson/page-2

Bioware hinted at some amazing optimization changes.

Q: Where are you on game engine optimizations? Because I currently get about 5 to 10 frames per second on Alderaan and about 20 in Huttball and I have a PC that can run Crysis 2 at ultra. With no real explanation on what is going on.

A:

What we got right now is a big texture package pass, and we did it in both directions. We have a programming team now that literally that’s their only mandate is game run better. [/Quote]

Long term target is you should be able to play on your laptop, you should be able to play on your second and third machine in the house. And we are fiercely dedicated to that goal.[/Quote]

sounds amazing!

Edited by VertisReaper

In an interview with Darthater: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19981-guild-summit-interview-with-daniel-erickson/page-2

Bioware hinted at some amazing optimization changes.

Q: Where are you on game engine optimizations? Because I currently get about 5 to 10 frames per second on Alderaan and about 20 in Huttball and I have a PC that can run Crysis 2 at ultra. With no real explanation on what is going on.

A:

sounds amazing!

Amazing that might be a bit too strong although you can tell: tis about time ;)

Hello Everybody!

We appreciate your interest in talking about the Darth Hater interview on the hero engine improvements but in the interest of consolidating conversations we are going to close this thread as there is already an active thread about it here. We suggest continuing your discussion there.

Thank you!