Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can I get a Dev / Mod to answer this

Mehridian

Can you confirm or deny that Bounty Hunters will EVENTUALLY get to use Blaster Rifles? Or are you making a subset of them (Carbines)? Most of the bounty hunters I have seen in the films use Carbines or blaster rifles. Only 1 I know used pistols, Jango Fett. His Son Boba used a EE3 Carbine, which looks like a blaster rifle. Even if you only give blaster rifles to Powertechs it would allow for more choice. It would also hold closer to Lore. Flame me all you want, but I and many others feel that it is, sorta a given to give bounty hunters Blaster Rifles.

whaaa??! i dont want a stupid looking rifle!! i love my PT because he got a blaster pistol.

Im all against it ... except if the blaster pistol = blaster rifle dmg and it is only for the look

Thats the reason i didnt make a vanguard, i wanted the pistol

Edited by Wrathoran

This doesn't sit well with me. Honestly though get a Vanguard if you want a rifle...sheesh. Besides there are some ****** pistols out there. :rolleyes:

Well There may be some long pistols but they are not Rifles. If you like your Pistol, keep it. I am just using this to get an answer from the Devs one way or another. Countless threads have been created in earnest for this reason. Of all of them I have looked through not 1 dev has said anything either way. If you are uncomfortable with it, continue using your pistol. I never said "Take away pistols" I simply asked to give us the right to use the rifles as EVEN IN THE GAME, NPC bounty hunters use them. It is frustrating in the extreme to not be able to use a blaster rifle. Even aboard the Ziost shadow they have a re-enactment of the Darth Vader + Bounty Hunter scene and ALL of the Bounty Hunters there are holding Blaster Rifles. Even if we took say a 5% Damage output reduction to use them I would take that.

Can you confirm or deny that Bounty Hunters will EVENTUALLY get to use Blaster Rifles? Or are you making a subset of them (Carbines)? Most of the bounty hunters I have seen in the films use Carbines or blaster rifles. Only 1 I know used pistols, Jango Fett. His Son Boba used a EE3 Carbine, which looks like a blaster rifle. Even if you only give blaster rifles to Powertechs it would allow for more choice. It would also hold closer to Lore. Flame me all you want, but I and many others feel that it is, sorta a given to give bounty hunters Blaster Rifles.

You can always just reroll a trooper so stop QQ and enjoy the game or go back to WoW

You can always just reroll a trooper so stop QQ and enjoy the game or go back to WoW

I have never played WoW so I cannot Return to it. Troopers Suck as it is. Troopers are not Empire. So your suggestion does not assist this thread in any way.

I have never played WoW so I cannot Return to it. Troopers Suck as it is. Troopers are not Empire. So your suggestion does not assist this thread in any way.

well then stop complaining!!!! just play the game it is only a rifle i told you to just reroll Or just keep QQ

So do you want them to allow the force users to use the double lightsaber no matter the class? I think the BH is fine the way it is and the only problem I have with weapon/class combinations is with the Troopers. Vanguards should have the Assault Cannon, not the Commandos. Fix that first.

So do you want them to allow the force users to use the double lightsaber no matter the class? I think the BH is fine the way it is and the only problem I have with weapon/class combinations is with the Troopers. Vanguards should have the Assault Cannon, not the Commandos. Fix that first.

Start that in the Trooper thread. I am not asking about force users. Nor am I championing that cause.

well here is your answer:REROLL to a trooper! you can enjoy content from a different fraction or you can just leave you know!

Noted. Thanks for your input. I have been made aware of this from previous posts. If all you are going to do it re-iterate your stance, save yourself the keystrokes. Your Input is there.

PTs don't need RIFLES, if anything they should get a Carbine. It can be a purely aesthetic difference. It's no different than the Vanguards that carry blaster rifles while the Commandos carry the huge cannon.

read the original post and that will have part of what you said in it.

I love bounty hunter I think they did a damn fine job making the class. I enjoy all of its facets so far. All I am asking about is allowing Powertechs to use blaster rifles or creating carbines. The pistol out put was made with using 2 for Merc's The barrel is based on that information as well. I don't want to roll trooper as the republic is more devious than the empire. I am not going to stop playing my bounty hunter or rage quit the game because they won't get blaster rifles. I am simply seeking an answer to this question from a mod or a developer. If they Say " Hell No ", I can deal with that. If they say "We're looking into it" that would be something as well. If you don't agree, ok, I am glad you have a strong feeling about this. Once I get someone fitting the aforementioned description. I will stop asking.

read the original post and that will have part of what you said in it.

I'm agreeing with you. I was just adding my opinion that PT should be given carbines, with no option for rifles. That would even help the "mirror class" system be a little more mirror-ish since troopers have access to two weapon types.

I'm agreeing with you. I was just adding my opinion that PT should be given carbines, with no option for rifles. That would even help the "mirror class" system be a little more mirror-ish since troopers have access to two weapon types.

I think your suggestion deserves heavy merit. Kudos.

the problem is...

I said i love my pistol, you say keep it but give me my blaster rifle.

the way it work in starwars is, depending on the weapon.. If you have the same dps rating, the damage can be higher if the weapon is considerer higher

sniper=heavy gun>blaster rifle>pistol. (i think)

So having a 50 dps blaster rifle will always be more damage then a 50 dps pistol.

the problem is...

I said i love my pistol, you say keep it but give me my blaster rifle.

the way it work in starwars is, depending on the weapon.. If you have the same dps rating, the damage can be higher if the weapon is considerer higher

sniper=heavy gun>blaster rifle>pistol. (i think)

So having a 50 dps blaster rifle will always be more damage then a 50 dps pistol.

That's not how it works. If it were, then Vanguards would have the advantage of having a better weapon than a Power Tech.

The sniper rifle isn't involved because that's a different class. The heavy cannons are roughly equivalent to the dual wielded pistols and vanguard rifles are equal.

On the main topic, I think that this is something that the game really needs. The classes feel too boxed in, like every trooper uses either a cannon or a rifle, but why not make power tech pistols available, or even allow me to put rifle mods on an orange pistol to make the same piece of gear, but with a different look.

My guess is that it mostly has to do with the animations. Shockstrike looks a lot different from Rocket Punch, and you couldn't use the same animation with a pistol. However, it does seem like they could just use the melee animation that smugglers use.

In any case, I'm hopeful that they will implement more gear choices for classes in the future. I personally prefer customization and choice over being railroaded, even if it does mean that my trooper or jedi or whatever has a tighter personality (which I actually also don't care for. Maybe I'm playing the wrong game.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.