Force leap, PvP and landing 10 meters away.

Curious to find out of anyone else is having this issue. It does not happen in PvE encounters as far as I've experienced. But while PvPing I've noticed that maybe 20% of the time when using Force Leap on a stationary target(on my screen anyway) I will land about 10 meters away from them. Is this attributed to lag? Server to Client issues?

yeah i fell like im one of the few 50 sentinels on my server now and i barely play. i almost feel that bioware is killing the game for itself. I am a HUUUGE star wars nerd, geek whatever. and im so not enthused to play the game now. end game lightsaber that cant be customized honestly is a huge deal for me. im so sick of teal lightsabers. it makes me sick that it makes me sick hahahaha.

yeah i fell like im one of the few 50 sentinels on my server now and i barely play. i almost feel that bioware is killing the game for itself. I am a HUUUGE star wars nerd, geek whatever. and im so not enthused to play the game now. end game lightsaber that cant be customized honestly is a huge deal for me. im so sick of teal lightsabers. it makes me sick that it makes me sick hahahaha.

You will be able to customize those lightsabers in 1.2.

That it wasn't foreseen as an issue is the problem. It's your lightsaber. It is one of the few things a Jedi "owns" and is "theirs." Numerous stories and lore mention how a Jedi makes their own lightsaber and makes it unique. A part of themselves, a reminder of their homeworld, a tribute to their master. All I want to do is drop an orange crystal in mine.

OK, and choose the appearance. The crystal sticking off the butt of the saber look...do not want.

That it wasn't foreseen as an issue is the problem. It's your lightsaber. It is one of the few things a Jedi "owns" and is "theirs." Numerous stories and lore mention how a Jedi makes their own lightsaber and makes it unique. A part of themselves, a reminder of their homeworld, a tribute to their master. All I want to do is drop an orange crystal in mine.

OK, and choose the appearance. The crystal sticking off the butt of the saber look...do not want.

So you are complaining that they didn't fix it fast enough? Who cares.... it's getting fixed and it will be very soon when you can customize the look and color of your lightsaber to pretty much whatever you want. Don't like that style of hilt? Choose another customizable saber and drop all your mods and crystal into it.

I run about 30 - 50 latency on average and in the last week, I have leaped to an upper platform in Huttball only to find myself in the damn pit. More in the last few days than I can ever recall happening before.

This can occur if the person you're leaping to is standing right at the edge of the platform. You generally leap to the front of their hitbox and, if they're on the edge, you'll fall. The same issue can occur for Guardian's when jumping to friendly targets, or for Sages when using their friendly pull.

This can occur if the person you're leaping to is standing right at the edge of the platform. You generally leap to the front of their hitbox and, if they're on the edge, you'll fall. The same issue can occur for Guardian's when jumping to friendly targets, or for Sages when using their friendly pull.

As a Jug I can say I know about both the action that you are describing and the one the OP is talking about. They are in fact different, and it started after patch 1.1.5

Sith Warriors are also having an issue with force choke where (when not full resolve) the target keeps on moving as if nothing is happening, but I am in the animation for the force choke and the timer is ticking, and the ability goes on cool down. This also occurred at 1.1.5

As a Jug I can say I know about both the action that you are describing and the one the OP is talking about. They are in fact different, and it started after patch 1.1.5

Sith Warriors are also having an issue with force choke where (when not full resolve) the target keeps on moving as if nothing is happening, but I am in the animation for the force choke and the timer is ticking, and the ability goes on cool down. This also occurred at 1.1.5

I'm also having the issue with people just walking away during my CC, its still being channeled, they are not at full resolve, infact my ability adds to their resolve but does nothing. It doesnt happen all the time, but again maybe 20% of the time.

To add to my OP. My Latency is also normally around 70-100. Which leads me to believe its a Server to Client issue.

Both these issues happened before 1.1.5, but the frequency as to when they happen has increased after the patch was deployed.

Curious to find out of anyone else is having this issue. It does not happen in PvE encounters as far as I've experienced. But while PvPing I've noticed that maybe 20% of the time when using Force Leap on a stationary target(on my screen anyway) I will land about 10 meters away from them. Is this attributed to lag? Server to Client issues?

It's some kind of synchronization issue and probably a side-effect of the poor netcode and ****** performance.

It's rare enough to not be overly annoying but it would be great to see it fixed.

I'm also having the issue with people just walking away during my CC, its still being channeled, they are not at full resolve, infact my ability adds to their resolve but does nothing. It doesnt happen all the time, but again maybe 20% of the time.

To add to my OP. My Latency is also normally around 70-100. Which leads me to believe its a Server to Client issue.

Both these issues happened before 1.1.5, but the frequency as to when they happen has increased after the patch was deployed.

As far as walking away during your CC, do you mean force stasis?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if they use their CC breaker then they can move about, your attack is still being channeled but they can run away.

So you are complaining that they didn't fix it fast enough? Who cares.... it's getting fixed and it will be very soon when you can customize the look and color of your lightsaber to pretty much whatever you want. Don't like that style of hilt? Choose another customizable saber and drop all your mods and crystal into it.

Not complaining that it wasn't fixed fast enough. Not really complaining at all. I use what I have, if I can mod it great, if not I wait on something I can. I am pointing out that in a universe so rich in lore, with one of the icons of that universe, this should have been moddable from the start.

As far as walking away during your CC, do you mean force stasis?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if they use their CC breaker then they can move about, your attack is still being channeled but they can run away.

Yes, Stasis. I understand how the CC breaker works, people normally use it during the CC itself. Whats happening is, people are not being affect at all by Stasis, resolve bar isnt full, no resists. The ability fires, but has no effect. I understand that Sage/Inq tank specs have a short CC immunity, its easy to tell when they've activated it, so I would note that I'm not using Stasis on them during this. Its happening to all ACs(Not all the time mind you, maybe 10% of the time at most).

Well, lightsaber color can prety much be modified to almost whatever you would like(of the ones present).

The issue your experiencing is probably a combination of lag and how and when the client check with the server for positions of opposing players. This also explains why sometimes you will see the animation of say cryo grenade in one spot and the person hit by cryo grenade frozen a slight bit away from this spot. This is simply a issue of poor synchronisation between server and clients. Something that affects melee based characters (especially force leap/force push) more then it does ranged.