The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which way there?

RikHar

I Queued up for PVP last night for the first time. I do have a question on the Huttball event.

How do you know which way to go when you have the ball? Is there something to indicate which way? I know you run to the other end but is there something where you can look up and see your destination up ahead?

The reason I ask is, you're running back and forth and every which way and suddenly you're passed the ball. Being my first time there I'm not too familiar with the place so I didn't know which way to run. I was trying to look to see if there was some indication of where to go to.

Lucky for me the time expired and I didn't even get a chance to pass the ball which by the way I'm not exactly sure how to do either. I believe you aim at the ground where the person you need to pass off too is standing.

Thanks

Edited by RikHar

It can get pretty chaotic can't it :)

You should see an objective marker like a quest marker at your opponents goal line, that's where you need to be.

To pass the ball, you'll find a Throw Huttball ability under your general abilities, map that to a quickslot bar when you're playing. When you activate it, you'll get an area effect template you can place.

I'll try to look for it next time there.

Much appreciation.

There's also colored lights all around each half of the court, gold and purple. You are taking it to the opposite of your color, which you can tell by which team you're on on the scoreboard or the beam of light above you or your allies when carrying the ball.

Mini-map has arrows on it pointing in the direction that the ball carrier should be going.

If the Rotworms have the ball, the arrows are purple. If the Frog-Dogs have the ball, the arrows will be yellow/tan.

As long as you know which team you are on, you will always know which way to go. :mon_confused: