Highest hit.

Spiggeh

So I was being nosey in the PvP forum and found this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=357877&page=2

Now as we are a pure DPS class I figured the big hits should be something we could do well but when I saw the damage numbers that these people hit for I got a little confused. Either they are against very badly geared people or they hit way too hard. I usually crit at 3k again other PvPers...

Any sentinels got any high damage single hits?

Just seems odd that other classes without popping every buff they could get they still hit harder than us, just a bit weird when we are pretty much the only full dps only class there is... I know others can spec dps but I mean which ever tree we go we are dps.

You'd think we would hit harder.

Geared out focus bombers hit damn hard... I've been hit by one for in excess of 5k with 12% expertise.

If you make a habit of checking peoples damage, you can see that 6-8k is not that unusual for some of them.

And that's an AoE...

I still utterly destroy anyone, whether I hit for 4k or 8k. My highest single hit (not counting the off-hand portion of Merc Slash) was about 4600 against an unshielded Inq. The OH portion pushed it closer to 5.6k. That was just with exp buff, didn't have a power or surge relic popped. Might do 5k one of these days.

You also don't need to be on another classes forum talking absolute nonsense, clearly you believe we do more damage than we do.

While a Jug isn't technically a Sent/Mara, I got Sweep bombed by one two days ago for 5800, I do NOT know what buffs he had at the time, but I have 8% Exp (on purpose, I combine Rakata with Champion). So his numbers really aren't fake, I've never been hit personally for over 6k (that I noticed) but I can personally attest to a Jug/Guard Sweep bomb being terrifying.

It really is but it needs to be built up and its not sustained, that line needs some work before its properly worth while to us. I'll accept a 5.5k from sweep but I'm talking single target hit without the buffs as I've seen so many other classes able to spam high damage single target hits without any charging up of abilities it just seems a little odd that the true DPS class in the game doesn't have the highest hitting power.

I play watchman sentinel. I do not pvp like a crackhead, and avoided it completely untill level 50.

As such I am only valour 58. Small fry I know.

With mostly champ gear the biggest hit I've had with merc is 4.8k.

I spend a lot of time on these forums, and if someone proves me wrong about something I take it like a man and am glad my knowledge is there for improved.

I try not to act like too much of an ******e to people, and have zero respect for those that do.

There is this one marauder on my server that hit me for over 5k with a sweep. When I checked his damage at the end of the warzone I saw his biggest hit was 6.8k.

If you don't believe me, then more power to you. But there's still no need to be so troll like about it.

Keep in mind that that Mara could have been full BM, buffed with 15% exp (on top of his natural 12%+) and a 355 power relic, and that 6.8k could have been against a clothy (Sweep is kinetic, it does the most against people with lower armor). Maybe a Jug was Sundering a clothy, and the stars aligned. I think 6.8k is within the realm of possibility, just very unlikely to be 'normal' for that Mara. And like you said, it takes a lot of setup, it's not like he can bomb over and over again, only once every 25 seconds or so (he has to build up the buff from using Force Exhaustion first).

I usually pull 3-4k Crits against geared PvPers with my Vengeance Jugg. higher against not equipped ppl. and ofc with RedBuff + Stim etc. it gets even higher. (5,6k was best for now)

what really bugs me is that my Sniper friend just pulled a 5,6k against a Centurion Equipped guy without ANY PvP Gear on....

Oh he certainly is full BM. Not only that but has probably changed out the rubbish enhancements for good ones. He has the conqueror pvp rank.

He obviously stacked all of his stuff, so adrenals, relics etc. Possibly he picked up an expertise pickeup.

The big hit was definately on an under geared clothy.

But thats what a good focus bomber should be doing. Since there is that built in CD on a proper big bomb then it makes sense to align as much raw powah with it.

He should be able to do that at least once per warzone, if not more.

I would classify that as regular.

It's good everyone is hitting around similar amounts, I don't understand why we hit so low compared to other burst wise. Maybe they will re work the other 2 lines so we're all not just watchmen.

We can but hope, anyone got a screeny of watchmen with over 5k hit?

I usually pull 3-4k Crits against geared PvPers with my Vengeance Jugg. higher against not equipped ppl. and ofc with RedBuff + Stim etc. it gets even higher. (5,6k was best for now)

what really bugs me is that my Sniper friend just pulled a 5,6k against a Centurion Equipped guy without ANY PvP Gear on....

To the best of my knowledge (without stepping into a WZ right now to test it) the 15% buff found on the floor of a WZ does not stack with adrenals, it's either or. It DOES stack with a relic buff however. So if you're trying to combine the 15% pvp adrenal with the 15% WZ buff found at various locations on all WZ maps, you're wasting your adrenals.

*edit* I know you said stim, not adrenal, but that's all I could assume you meant, any serious PvPer stims ahead of time, so I wouldn't call it 'stacking' so much. Could be wrong about what you meant, if so, sorry.

Edited by Mal-Sharran

It's good everyone is hitting around similar amounts, I don't understand why we hit so low compared to other burst wise. Maybe they will re work the other 2 lines so we're all not just watchmen.

We can but hope, anyone got a screeny of watchmen with over 5k hit?

i'm working on it, i think with more bm gear I can pull it off. i'm getting good at ninja'ing the expertize nodes in huttball :)

ninja node, find scoundrel

pop power relic, inspiration... hit him a few times to get juyo to 5 stacks and wham, if I catch the right person I know I can hit it.