confused by person in game

Mongrul

im the person that didnt pick their AC yet. im confused why are they asking me this? is an AC necessary to do Esseles? why do they care about my AC? she didnt say hello just went right in to the question. i dont get it Edited by Mongrul

is this a weird encounter in game or what? http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/brianlightning/Untitled-50.jpg

this person invited me to join esseles flashpoint. they are the one asking questions.

I think you are the one being difficult, you could have just answered the question, which from your responses I assume was no.

eg.

Them: Are you going to pick your AC?

You: No, <brief reason like can't decide yet>, but I have done this before and know we will be fine.

Then if they removed you from group they would be the bad person.

From what I read you were provoking the response you got by not answering the question directly.

i was being difficult and i did not want to answer her questions. the answers were none of her business

Except when you invite somebody to run an instance or heroic or party up with you then it does become their business. If you're some random person that i see while questing i could care less if you are a level 40 Trooper. You can play however you want, but where i draw the line is when your method of gameplay affects mine.

If you had invited me into a group and you didnt have your AC, or if you were wearing gear 10-15 levels under i'd question you too, and i would also probably be tempted to leave group. Those things could be an indicator of a few things, to name a few examples: maybe this person doesnt care about their class? maybe they dont care about the game? maybe they dont care about the other people in the group? maybe they plan on AFKing the whole instance and getting carried by the other members? or maybe the reason they havent chosen their AC yet is because at level 11 they dont know which one to go with.

Of course if you dont answer the question, i'm just going to assume it could be any of those reasons. And since you are being sneaky i would probably have dropped group. Maybe its just me, but when somebody asks me a question, i dont assume they are up to something, i just give them an honest answer. If it turns out they are trying to be sneaky or they are up to no good, then i stop talking to them and just continue on with what i was doing.

but hey thats just me...

Edited by swtonewbie

Except when you invite somebody to run an instance or heroic or party up with you then it does become their business. If you're some random person that i see while questing i could care less if you are a level 40 Trooper. You can play however you want, but where i draw the line is when your method of gameplay affects mine.

If you had invited me into a group and you didnt have your AC, or if you were wearing gear 10-15 levels under i'd question you too, and i would also probably be tempted to leave group. Those things could be an indicator of a few things, to name a few examples: maybe this person doesnt care about their class? maybe they dont care about the game? maybe they dont care about the other people in the group? maybe they plan on AFKing the whole instance and getting carried by the other members? or maybe the reason they havent chosen their AC yet is because at level 11 they dont know which one to go with.

Of course if you dont answer the question, i'm just going to assume it could be any of those reasons. And since you are being sneaky i would probably have dropped group. Maybe its just me, but when somebody asks me a question, i dont assume they are up to something, i just give them an honest answer. If it turns out they are trying to be sneaky or they are up to no good, then i stop talking to them and just continue on with what i was doing.

but hey thats just me...

The run was Esselles, like Black Talon.

The normal level is 10-12, so really hard to have gear 10-15 levels below your current level.

AC at those levels is more like a 1 legged table than anything else. I mean that you have a start, but also have a ways to go.

Also what do you really have to show for your AC at that level? OOOOOH I got my doublebladed lightsaber, free shield, off hand gun, focus, et al.

I'm sure that by the time this Trooper is up in levels there will be a choice for what the AC will be.

It was a simple question, you blew it out of proportion. Since your a trooper your AC class can go healer/dps or tank/dps. Yeah, you only get a skill or two and a new weapon but seriously at level 10 is the time you should be getting esseless done, and it's the time you should have your AC.

Lol......

By picking an advanced class before you go in you will get the loot drops more appropriate for your AC. Providing you dont have a rolling greed group. So its in your best interest to help your new alt along to choose an advanced class.

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

I'm not sure why you posted this question in the forums...

Game mechanics demands that you choose an advanced class come level 10 so you can acquire new skills that you can utilize for harder challenges such as Flashpoints and Higher level heroic quests.

I respect that you might reason that you want to play that way, but please don't expect people to carry you along with them. Not everyone has the patience to understand your unique reasoning :).