Marauder/Anni question

Humanbeam

Something big(for me) has come up.

There's a talent on the anni tree that reduces damage by 100% (if fully specced, 2 points) when you're under force camouflage.

So here's a PvP scenario: You're dueling with a Scrapper Scoundrel, he dots you. YOu have that talent though, so you force camouflage the *f0ck* away from him. Will the ticcks force you out of stealth? Because even though they dont do any damage, they will keep you in combat

If damage doesnt break your force camouflage (didnt know that, thanks) is that talent worth anything?

Cuz I'm very inclined now to ignore it completely! I mean, you're stealthed, people are not seeing you, how would they damage you? Or not damage you for that matter?

If damage doesnt break your force camouflage (didnt know that, thanks) is that talent worth anything?

Cuz I'm very inclined now to ignore it completely! I mean, you're stealthed, people are not seeing you, how would they damage you? Or not damage you for that matter?

Depends on a bunch of different factors:

-Do you most often use FC offensively or defensively?

-How highly do you value the ability to get through huttball fires unscathed?

-How low do you like to be before you use Force Camo?

-Are you generally targeted by a lot of DoT abilities?

-Do you find yourself fighting in the middle of a lot of AoE spells?

-How often do you play with good healing?

Personally I get it. Between this and the 99% damage reduction, you can spend 9 seconds at < 1% health, giving your healer a huge window to bring you back up, even in the craziest situations. This can be a make or break ability in voidstar, when you're the last person alive on your team and you need to stop a cap. It also gives you huttball mobility on par with sorcs/sins. It doesn't have the same usefulness in Arathi Basin, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad for 2 measly points.

Thanks for the tips, let me bother you with a last question talent-related on that same tier.

Can that extra 30% speed be a life saver? I generally find my self spending my fury on other combos, rarely on predation. What's your insight on this?

Edited by Humanbeam

Thanks for the tips, let me bother you with a last question talent-related on that same tier.

Can that extra 30% speed be a life saver? I generally find my self spending my fury on other combos, rarely on predation. What's your insight on this?

You would need to alter your mannerisms to use it to its full potential. Sweeping Slash when out of combat and play a LOT of Huttball.

Personally I find that Predation is absolutely needed. I pop it when Snipers are lining up their strongest shots or when Rage Juggies wind up for a Smash. Or when I need to get away :)

Depends on who you play with, and how they play.

For me? Both force camo improvement and predation improvement are amazing in both pvp and pve (I take them in both specs). My healer loves me for the speed boost, it lets her shake off anyone focusing because of the huge mobility boost, and it is amazing in huttball as the ball carrier (You can outrun any sorc/sage over the duration, easily). It also allows my team to get the first ball on huttball 99% of the time (the 1% is when there is a smart marauder on the other team that has predation talented and knows who to leap on to).

Predation is one of your best abilities , putting points in ferocity is most certainly a good idea. Predation has TONS of uses and while the 30% may not be a life saver it is most certainly extremely useful.

In an average WZ I use it at least 10 times, at least. I still have plenty of fury to throw around for berserk and bloodthirst any time I need them too.

Like someone else said, any time you're not fighting and have spare rage you should be spamming sweeping slash to build fury stacks. It lasts far longer than rage does and you can do a lot more with 30 stacks of fury than 5 rage that will end up being wasted.

Also the 2 points in force camo are a waste , put those points somewhere else.

Edited by idrik

Also the 2 points in force camo are a waste , put those points somewhere else.

Who needs an extra invincibility cooldown to help your healer out/get past obstacles in huttball without enemy players on the other side anyway. Pfft.

Who needs an extra invincibility cooldown to help your healer out/get past obstacles in huttball without enemy players on the other side anyway. Pfft.

If you're paying attention to your own health you shouldn't need it, if you FC and wait out the duration when you're being focused and your healer needs to catch up that should be plenty unless your healer is bad / has people on them...in which case you're probably not catching heals regardless.

I really don't see how you find avoiding them to be a problem, I also don't see why you would waste FC to go through fire when you can go around it just as easily.

I also don't see why you would waste FC to go through fire when you can go around it just as easily.

Cant tell you how often I camo through the first fire, either get a pass on the other side of the fire or have a jugg with the ball leap to me, then UR through the second fire and get an easy goal in like 10 seconds. The damage reduction in camo is amazing considering health and speed is essential in huttball.