A grace period of ONLY up til the 22nd despite pre-ordering? Is this a joke?

Stillwater

The suggestion behind this supposed grace period is somewhat laughable. The very fact that people are buying physical products that can take depending on location days (2-4 at minimum with most products not being able to ship until the 19th or 20th) means an extremely large portion of people who have preordered will not be able to validate their games before the somewhat arbitrary date of the 22nd.

Not only is that just days before Christmas when postage is at its slowest, but not everyone can or wants to pay for express shipping, especially if they live outside of the US.

The very fact that people are redeeming preorders means they have paid upfront for the product! Yes, they can cancel that order, but most people who do this are doing so in the good faith that the provider (in this case the MMO) acknowledges they have a valid pass into the game. To put such an incredibly short and arbitrary deadline for a 'grace' period is an extremely bad business decision that will bite back nastily if not addressed ASAP, and not with a 'I'm sorry, we can't extend beyond date x'.

The customers are a) paying for the pre-order access and b) continued play. We would be expected to set up a subscription and commit to time in the game. It's frankly unreasonable to put the onus on us (who are the whim of shipping and postage) to be ready on their timetable. We've paid upfront for this access, and we should obviously be afforded the time for the product to arrive in a reasonable timeframe to validate the purchase. If as I understand these things we get a month's access with purchase, then we have that long to rectify the situation.

It's poor business management to slap this absurdly arbitrary deadline on customers. Do not be surprised if there are many angry complaints come the 22nd, if not now.

S.

The customers are a) paying for the pre-order access

For the 345,974,964,975 time.

YOU DID NOT PAY EXTRA FOR EARLY ACCESS

The $5 pre-order fee was taken from the total purchase price of the game. You did not pay anything extra.

they are selling the game since yesterday 15th december, so you have 7 days to receive the game, it should be more than enought time to arrive.

others like me have real problems, cause i already have my collectors edition at home, but they forget to add the game code, so i have paid 150 euros and i have no game code and no one is responding to this

I live in Australia and I paid for the game in full with an expected delivery date based on the earliest date to recieve the game of 30 December-12 Janurary. I did not put any five dollar deposit on the game nor did I fail to commit to a subscription. I have paid for this game in full and expect, unsurprisingly, to be treated as a fully paying customer.

S.

they are selling the game since yesterday 15th december, so you have 7 days to receive the game, it should be more than enought time to arrive.

others like me have real problems, cause i already have my collectors edition at home, but they forget to add the game code, so i have paid 150 euros and i have no game code and no one is responding to this

contact amazon or wherever you ordered yours. bioware/ea probably cant do anything about this.