This happens to me...

EdAraujo

Another victim of the conversation wheel, I see. It happens to everyone once in a while, just because the options are vague and can be interpreted differently by different players.

To be fair this isn't limited to the dialogue wheel, I can think of multiple instances in DA:O where I meant a line of dialogue to be one thing and the character I was talking to reacted as I said it in a different way. It is just a limitation of using text to represent a verbal responsse.

Myself, I'm having more fun by turning the allignment off, going rp mode and not abusing esc key (unless Mako goes -30 on my BH alt cause for some reason, while I can stomach -1, -30 makes me feel like I beat her or something) but every once in a while, there is this one option that seems like it's what you'd do and turns out that it's a complete douchebaggery.

Best example I've seen yet:

Jaesa: I love you. Let's get married and have kids (well, tl;dr)

Option: You're so sure of yourself. (seems like neutral choice which would expand the convo)

What the character says: No (romance ruined at this point)

Good thing I love her and went with the "yes" (which is pretty vague as well tbh).

Edited by gibmachine