Darkness Leveling with 2V-R8

TheOpf

So has anyone tried to level as a tank with this guy as your healer until you get to the real dps options?

I have Khem Val, and find him ponderous, slow, and exteremly weak even when geared up. I switched to the ship robot (who is quite annoying) and I never die though things take a while to die.

In essence, with Khem Val things die maybe 20 percent faster, but I have to seethe and use every stun in the book sometimes to make it through the harder levels.

With 2V-R8, I almost never die except against Heroic 2 soloing bosses. However it does take longer to kill things on the plus side, I can solo most heroic 2's.

Anyone else ever done it this way, and is there a way to get him to stop punching things and just focus on healing me. For a robot who refuses to shoot things, even if he is equipped with a blaster, he sure does punch alot and there are times he will go a long time without healing me. Drives me crazy.

Going with the droid is just really slow.

Once you get proper dps companion, it helps to kill things so fast you rarely go below 90% health as a properly geared tank.

I rather spend 3 seconds doing seethe than have every fight take 15 more seconds time to kill things than what they would take with a dps companion.

Going with the droid is just really slow.

Once you get proper dps companion, it helps to kill things so fast you rarely go below 90% health as a properly geared tank.

I rather spend 3 seconds doing seethe than have every fight take 15 more seconds time to kill things than what they would take with a dps companion.

I won't get a proper dps companion until Tatooine. I am finishing up Balmorra and then Have Narshadaa. Khem Val is just killing me even though he looks cool. I am going to strip him of gear and sell off the parts so I don't have the thought of using him again. :p

I rolled deception until getting Revel. But you could just give khem a bunch of dps gear and a focus and turn on his dps stance.

This is what I did and its working out just fine for me. I'm not a fan of ranged DPS companions in a melee character so I won't be using Andronikos much. In my experience they tend to stand where I can't easily see if they are at risk of pulling an add, or running afoul of a patrol. Melee companions tend to be much easier to manage as a melee character so I'll be staying with Khem until I get Ashara or Xalek.

Tuvee is indeed significantly slower at killing things.

The main thing for him (it?), Khem Val or any other companion is to keep their gear updated.

Check out which cheap green or possibly blue gear you can craft, buy off from auctions or grab as quest rewards.

Also if you get lucky on a greed roll in FP, check out if it fits a companion before selling it.

Remember to re-mod Khem Val's gear to DPS. His default gear has tanking in mind. His DPS gets up when you get rid of the endurance for strength and defense for power/accuracy.

The survivability you gain from using Tuvee isn't really worth the drag you'll have to go through in my opinion. Apart maybe for some of the boss fights in the class quests. Even then chances are Khem Val remains a better choice.