Is there any purpose to using Power Shot as Merc?

AngrySoviet

I mean, Powershot just seems to be a crappier version of Tracer Missile. Less damage, no heat signature, no Tracer Lock, etc. Are they planning to buff it at the future or something?

it is your go to button when cooldowns are running and your TM is interrupted

so i hit it maybe 4 times a week

Power shot works great if you are part way specc'd into bodyguard tree, or if you are a healer merc.

I can't remember what ability it is, but it lets you stack 30 charges while in healing stance, once you have 30 charges you pop the ability which allows you to spam either heals, or power shot for ten seconds (power shot 4 times) for no heat charge.

It's great to use if you are overheated, switch to bodyguard use your auto-attack blasters to apply 30 charges ( 3 charges per shot x 10 shots ).

To throw that mechanic in makes things a bit more complicated for merc dps, and honestly if you are geared right (crit rating - mostly on Battlemaster gear) you should almost never be overheated (crits proc a vent heat to cool you down).

power shot is mostly useful as a spam for damage on healers or something, something to follow unload with for a couple gcds in lieu of paying attention while you marvel at how cute mako/blizz/torian is. or in my cause skadgey

edit: from what i hear thats what tracer missile is too and more, so yeah probably useless for arsenal, but it has its moments for bodyguard at least

Edited by LilTsar

For Arsenal merc: useless

For Pyro merc: used to refresh Railshot, so used quite a lot (but only when Unload is on cd).

For Bodyguard merc: situationally useful since your main priority is healing, not dpsing, but you can use it when everybody is >90%.

Edited by Rhaphael

For Arsenal merc: useless

For Pyro merc: used to refresh Railshot, so used quite a lot (but only when Unload is on cd).

For Bodyguard merc: situationally useful since your main priority is healing, not dpsing, but you can use it when everybody is >90%.

Not useless for Arsenal mercs. It still rides my hotbar as number 5 and always will - it's the button I use when rail shot/heatseeker is on CD and my tracer gets interrupted in pvp.

There's no way I'm going to stand there and use a low damage free attack for 4 seconds when I can use power shot twice instead.

does muzzle fluting actually work?

it doesnt seem to actualy show on the tooltips?

It does work. Your regular muzzle-fluted usage of power shot costs 16 heat and when you pop Supercharged Gas it's free. So nice to cool down while dealing some decent DPS. Power shot also benefits from alacrity which most bodyguards have a lot of.

Run from arsenal....respec pyro and profit

i pwn pyro's in my raid spec arsenal, cure makes pyro laughable and when there are enough pyro's around (slowly growing in numbers) people will realize this and then you can QQ :)

It does work. Your regular muzzle-fluted usage of power shot costs 16 heat and when you pop Supercharged Gas it's free. So nice to cool down while dealing some decent DPS. Power shot also benefits from alacrity which most bodyguards have a lot of.

Actually its 17 and Powershot is VERY useful to ALL Bodyguards with or without muzzle fluting.