Where is the game bioware promissed

Vlaury

I remember when I first heard that Bioware was doing a new Star Wars MMO, it was from a buddie that was in my guild on Star Wars Galaxies . He read out an interview from a member of the Bioware team, and to cut things to the chase he said that there would be a new MMO that will be like Star Wars Galaxies and the best parts from every other MMO.

Now as we waited a good 4 or more years to see what Bioware would come up with, we never thought that it would not stick to its promis of a MMO that would not be better than Star Wars Galaxies especialy when Star Wars Galaxies was taken offline to make room for the Old Republic . So far we have not seen anything that made Star Wars Galaxies in this game , so far all we have seen is a World of Warcraft rework with the added of full speach. When are you going to add the sand box content that you promised to keep in that interview the stuff tha made Star Wars Galaxies so good like .

Fully decoratable houses/ships , Player and Guild Citys or space stations , A better crafting system that is a chalenge, Dectoration rewards and fun stuff just for the hell of it instead of grinding for the sake of grinding .. ITS BORING. Give us more social content and not this XP crap.

We had entertainers that just hung around in cantina's buffing and just chatting with player the wife liked this as it was not hard and in a nut shell was a place to talk to others.

Give us a trader Proffesion thats sole perpose to make and sell wares for players that want to grind . Also let us set up and place our own vendor terminals , All in all the OLD REPUBLIC is ok at the min but i can not see me Subbing after my six months have run out unless i see somthing like this AFTER ALL LUCAS SACRIFCED A GREAT GAME FOR A OK GAME AND CHARGERS MORE TO PLAY IT..

If I can find the mag or link that he read this from I will post it.

"I played Star Wars Galaxies from its second month of existence until the very end, more than eight years later. The day after they pulled the plug I was playing its successor, Star Wars the Old Republic, a week before the official launch, because I had pre-ordered. The new game has a lot of strengths, including amazing graphics and and nice little cartoon video scenes, but I have to admit I miss SWG and would still rather be hanging out in that universe.

There was a community there that I haven’t found in SWTOR yet. Plus I much prefer the “sandlot” approach of that game, where you could pick your own activities. After the horrible NGE much ruined the game, a spent much of my time working on a variety of houses in the city where I was mayor.

SWTOR lacks player houses, let alone cities, and instead of a sandbox is more like a series of amusement park rides, where the path is predetermined. Space combat is much worse in the new game, just a primitive “rail shooter”.

But otherwise the graphics really are great, and most importantly, right now the Old Republic is the only online Star Wars game around."

http://excaliburstarship.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/star-wars-galaxies-vs-the-old-republic/

Im still looking for the artical but after 4 years its gona be a hard find im sure.

Dont need to do the math when they said what they said they were doing . This game was shoved on the market to steel WoW player and replace an old game , at the expence of the loyal Star Wars Galaxies players. I am one of many that feel cheeted by the content of the game after what was promissed back at the start ." That in a nutshell its SWG with the best parts of WoW and many other MMO's . If SWG was still going I would not be posting and nor would many of the SWG players. But like you said its a new game and if they are listening then they still have time to sort it out .. give us a sand box as well as a theme park as its boring as fxxk doing quest after grind after quest no matter how well contrcuted and thought out they are .

Only constructive posts should be posted on this thread if you want to trol use face book .

I am only posting here to try and get some feed back to why Bioware have sacked there original idea . SWTOR is a well constructed and well thought out game but the best bits they said would be present in there first MMO is not here and im sure you can see it in the population drops since launch.

I played SWG too and I loved it pre NGE. I would like to see more aspects of SWG worked into this game but I wouldn't want this to turn into a sequal of SWG.

For better or worse this is the type of MMO the vast majority of players want.

They want an MMO thats loosely based off the WoW template.

If bioware introduced a game that was more like SWG than WoW it wouldn't attract the same number of players and would fail because of that.

I say you just be patient and see how the game evolves over time.

If enough of the community want player housing it will happen, if enough want a complete crafting revamp it'll happen too.

I'm sure that bioware will do whatever it can within the limits of the engine to make people happy and keep their scripts up.

This is a majority rules system and if everyone is happy with WoW in space then you're basically out of luck.

I never said that they were going to make an SWG 2 what was said is that they are making a game with the best bits of SWG. And as soon as I can find the sorce in which this was written then I will post it or a link.

I also played SWG from beginning till the end and to right off the game after the NGE is total crap. the BEST days of the game was the last year even though it still had its bugs.

It is wrong to say that everyone wants to play a game that has the WOW template as if this was true servers would not be dead like they are now . Going from having to wait to get on a server to all servers being light or standard at best its not even worth selling anything on the vendors as there is no one too look at the item never mind buy them.

The gloss of this game is thinly covering what is a poor lasting game I have today lost another 3 people in my guild who will not be resubbing to the game beacuse they have got to lvl 50 and there is nothing to do and are totaly disapointed with what they got as its not what they thought it was . They will possible posting on the forums as I asked them to put there points accross as its hard to contend with no one who played SWG in the last few months when SOE started to listen to its players.

I want this game to sucseed, but when its being steard in the same way as most other MMO's with nothing new. Other than good graphics and a fully voiced story they are missing whats important .. and thats GAME play.

At the moment my 7year old can play it but he quickly gets bord of it as its the same thing only with different environments (GRINDING) but this not to be confused with lets make the mobs harder as thats not the problem.

Making a game harder and doing it in a way that would not effect the game as it stands now would be by adding an expantion where the sand box would be add to game, you could even add profesions to that expantion that resemble SWG Profs then the people that dont want to TRADE, ENTERTAIN, BUFF, BUILD, HARVEST, and generaly want to think abot a game instead of following a pre layed track would not need or have to buy it or use it in game but the people like my self and the thousads of others that do will have a play ground, not to mention if the option is there then other will follow this is not asking for a big game change just additions in keeping to what was promissed.

As I think the balance is good on the combat they at least got right, and thats an important thing that SWG battled for years until its last updates. LUCAS WAS RIGHT TO CLOSE SWG because if he didnt then there would be alot less people playing this game now. If you dont beleave me look at the MMO's that were released and closed over its time and it took Lucas to close it not sales.

i don't ever remember hearing/reading anything about SWTOR being sandbox. the tag line i remember and still hear. is "story driven MMO" story and sandbox are pretty much opposite. if it makes you feel better they are working on guild ships. but i can't ever see this game being sandbox, SWG and other sandbox games are niche. they have loyal fans. but not enough to be a WoW beater. as you pointed out. they want to take on WoW, this should have been your first indication that it was not sandbox

P.S. in the time of this game being made, all the rumours i heard was "it was WoW in space." which it is not so that upset a lot of ppl aswell

Bioware promised a story driven MMO and that is what they delivered. Sandbox games do not keep subscribers. Players prefer theme park rides.

Now, I'm hoping that some additional sandbox elements are added to TOR, but at no time did Bioware say that they were coming out with SWG2.

Things like decorations, achievements and such is on BW's list, but that kind of thing is always going to be lower priority.

There should be an entire galaxy to explore although not feasible but new planets to explore as part of game expansions. Players ships a tool to explore the galaxy, a place to call home, a smuggler delivering contraband to the highest bidder or discovering new planets. Guild mates or friends on board manning the guns, holding a guild meeting or exchanging ideas. Guild wars in space and PVP ship vs. ship. SWTOR is about space, it is a huge disappointment to man a neutered spaceship with rudimentary controls and inert player/spaceship interaction.

i don't ever remember hearing/reading anything about SWTOR being sandbox. the tag line i remember and still hear. is "story driven MMO" story and sandbox are pretty much opposite. if it makes you feel better they are working on guild ships. but i can't ever see this game being sandbox, SWG and other sandbox games are niche. they have loyal fans. but not enough to be a WoW beater. as you pointed out. they want to take on WoW, this should have been your first indication that it was not sandbox

P.S. in the time of this game being made, all the rumours i heard was "it was WoW in space." which it is not so that upset a lot of ppl aswell

this game as stands sucks EVE is better atleast in EVE or SWG you can PVP,PVE or just mine,tradeor make things here its shoot at nonplayers or player.take the smuggler class its not a smuggler at all its a REpublic bounty hunter not a trading class

this game as stands sucks EVE is better atleast in EVE or SWG you can PVP,PVE or just mine,tradeor make things here its shoot at nonplayers or player.take the smuggler class its not a smuggler at all its a REpublic bounty hunter not a trading class

did you even do the least bit of research before you bought the title?! seriously?

your feeling on how the games play have nothing to do with this thread, the thread is about the type of game promised. i was only pointing out that we have the type of game promised. the subject of you not liking how the game plays is a discussion for another thread, i'm sure there is one out there

There should be an entire galaxy to explore although not feasible but new planets to explore as part of game expansions. Players ships a tool to explore the galaxy, a place to call home, a smuggler delivering contraband to the highest bidder or discovering new planets. Guild mates or friends on board manning the guns, holding a guild meeting or exchanging ideas. Guild wars in space and PVP ship vs. ship. SWTOR is about space, it is a huge disappointment to man a neutered spaceship with rudimentary controls and inert player/spaceship interaction.

I might be wrong but didn't the makers say they wanted a game that took from the feel of the films. If so then there is no space exploration, just hyper-jumping to planets/ space stations. We don't see the smuggler (Han) delivering contraband, he is part of the big story. And at no point does anyone buy a house in the films.

I do think allowing other player onto your ship would be cool and a PvP space battle would be great but I want a game that is a story in the Star Wars universe and SWTOR is exactly that.

The reseach was done way before most people took any intrest in this game like I said origanly it was over 4 years ago and the artical was only a colum, the Lord Of The Rings Online had not long been releasted, and the thought that there would be a second Star Wars MMO's was exciting.

There was no hint of Old Republic ever being voiced over or hint that they would sell it as a story driven MMO's in the Article. So saying all along that Bioware had always said it was gona be fully voiced and story driven is totaly wrong.

I dont keep mags forever as im sure most of you do not but on that artical and the fact that SWG was taken down I bought this game.

I am proud to never have played WOW due to the fact when WOW had a clear out of spammers and jerks some of them came to SWG and most people that came to SWG from WOW always said that SWG was way better because there is more to do.

Anyone of you who ever played SWG,EVE,EVER QUEST, will know that because you are dependent on others you talk to people and do things together. Guild banks and guild ships what aload of crap this will be useless and a waist of time give us an expantion that has sandbox elements in it so we can do our own thing and not what someone elce has sat down and thought out the game will still have legs in it just longer ones

What one considers to be the "best" bits of one game, others consider to be the absolute worst. It's all subjective. Besides, not even WoW had everything we now come to expect at launch. I think they've done a great job at giving us what we already have and moving quickly to give us what we need/want (DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to revisit this comment by the 1 year anniversary).

The reseach was done way before most people took any intrest in this game like I said origanly it was over 4 years ago and the artical was only a colum, the Lord Of The Rings Online had not long been releasted, and the thought that there would be a second Star Wars MMO's was exciting.

There was no hint of Old Republic ever being voiced over or hint that they would sell it as a story driven MMO's in the Article. So saying all along that Bioware had always said it was gona be fully voiced and story driven is totaly wrong.

I dont keep mags forever as im sure most of you do not but on that artical and the fact that SWG was taken down I bought this game.

I am proud to never have played WOW due to the fact when WOW had a clear out of spammers and jerks some of them came to SWG and most people that came to SWG from WOW always said that SWG was way better because there is more to do.

Anyone of you who ever played SWG,EVE,EVER QUEST, will know that because you are dependent on others you talk to people and do things together. Guild banks and guild ships what aload of crap this will be useless and a waist of time give us an expantion that has sandbox elements in it so we can do our own thing and not what someone elce has sat down and thought out the game will still have legs in it just longer ones

Then why are you even bringing it up? The column was 4 years ago.. which would be way, way back in the inception of the ideas that would have created this game. It would have been before the development cycle got off of the storyboard and anywhere near anything technical or game-engine based. This sounds like a lot of QQing for the sake of QQing.

You keep using the word sandbox. Go and check press releases and marketing material for this game. You won't find the word sandbox anywhere. Why? This is a story-driven MMO, and a bloody excellent one at that. Yes, it lacks polish in places. It's also 3 months old. And WoW, having played that from early vanilla through early WotLK, developed WAY more slowly than this game has.

If you want a sandbox game so badly, I encourage you to go and pick up Minecraft. It might be more your speed.

SWG was both Theme park and sandbox ie: , Jabba's Theme park, Trials of Obi Wan , Rage of the Wookies, Legasy, Dead zone, the Night sisters theme park , including the PVP theme Park that was added at the end of the game (Changing zones) and many more so saying it cant be done is Bull .

The Old Republic is still a new game and constant grinding for lets face it CRAP is not fun and when a 7 year old who is Star Wars and video game mad, and loves the expanded universe walk away from a game because he gets bord of going around killing things. He said " its all the same just different back grounds" This is sad if you ask me .

As for the game that was promissed maybe i should have titled the thread as where is the game bioware origanly promised. and i have never said in any threads that the artical was called SWG 2 ever what was said that they were doing a Star Wars Based MMO that will have the Best bits of SWG ,EVE , WOW and many other MMO's im asking where is the SWG ,EVE, influences in this game ? As I dont see them . I have spent more time on this forum ************ abou this than in game it shows you how much of a hold this game has i never realy posted on the SWG forums as i was always in game.

SWG was both Theme park and sandbox ie: , Jabba's Theme park, Trials of Obi Wan , Rage of the Wookies, Legasy, Dead zone, the Night sisters theme park , including the PVP theme Park that was added at the end of the game (Changing zones) and many more so saying it cant be done is Bull .

The Old Republic is still a new game and constant grinding for lets face it CRAP is not fun and when a 7 year old who is Star Wars and video game mad, and loves the expanded universe walk away from a game because he gets bord of going around killing things. He said " its all the same just different back grounds" This is sad if you ask me .

As for the game that was promissed maybe i should have titled the thread as where is the game bioware origanly promised. and i have never said in any threads that the artical was called SWG 2 ever what was said that they were doing a Star Wars Based MMO that will have the Best bits of SWG ,EVE , WOW and many other MMO's im asking where is the SWG ,EVE, influences in this game ? As I dont see them . I have spent more time on this forum ************ abou this than in game it shows you how much of a hold this game has i never realy posted on the SWG forums as i was always in game.

As others have already told you, but you seem to keep missing.. You. Aren't. Playing. SWG. Anymore. You're also just whipping out points that have nothing to do with what's being said.

And that's great.. but your 7 year old is just that, 7 years old. He or she has no appreciation for the other dynamics in the game such as PvP, space combat, the social factor should they be engaged by say.. talking to others. But wait, that point conveniently goes out the window, because they're 7. And see, no one did ask.. but you keep bringing it up.

And LOL, dude.. seriously? You're taking a column from way early in the development cycle as gospel. If you don't like it, cancel your account and come back in 6-12 months when the game has matured and see if it meets your expectations then. As far as the 'best bits', you've been suckered by marketing lingo. The word best is 100% subjective. I can say that I thought that the best part of EvE was sitting there staring at an asteroid and mining. No one in their right mind would agree, but that's what I said. So marketing-wise, I can get away with it. Neat, huh?

Finally, your last statement really says it all. You'd rather sit on the forum and complain about the game than play it. So please spare me, yourself and the rest of the community your presence and just.. go.. away.

Whether they said it or not years ago is irrelevent. Almost every game starts out with certain ideas and thoughts, but in the process of being created goes through several changes, some small, some so large that the original idea is completely thrown away for a new idea on how a particular game will look/play/feel.

That being said, most companies are very leery about giving any real hardcore data on any game when it's initially being created, for that very reason. There's too many variables that may come into play that would alter or outright make such statements false. Sure, it happens, but that's the nature of the beast with any game. The basic ideas may remain there, but it may be presented in an entirely different light than what was first planned.

As for anyone that complains about there being little or nothing to do at 50 and being bored, or making a comparision between SWTOR and WoW, I can only shake my head in wonder. SWTOR is in its infancy. What does anyone expect once they hit 50? That there will be thosands of hours of play after that? It honestly seems like there's a lot of players out there that expect the content GETTING to 50 is almost nonexistant, and the game suddenly STARTS at 50.

And comparing SWTOR to WoW at all... forgive me, but anyone who does that has no common sense whatsoever. Comparing a game that just came out to one that has been out for over 7 years, had countless patches and multiple expansions... that's like comparing the ability to do calculus between an infant and an adult.

SWTOR is the breath of fresh air many of us have been wanting after being stifled by WoW's looming shadow. Some people are disappointed with SWTOR, some are not. But keep in mind the game is still a newborn. There's plenty of room for growth, additions, new content, all kinds of possibilities.

This project was delayed by 2 years at least because they wanted to fully voice the thing .

I have followed this game from the beginning and even then the game had been in production and no cinema trailers were thought of .

like I said I was gona give it a go from what was promised. Another promise was they would have a costomer service that work I have used this on a couple of time and this is by far the best costmer service I come across in a game so far. Lets hope that the lisen to the player and are not driven by over the top WOW style grapic and armor . People are saying they are trying to compeate with WoW why compeate when they can blow it out the water if they Stay true to Star Wars and its Loyal Fans.