The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Graphics bad? or way to good? please read

LordxCastiel

hello every one, i am not sure where to put this so i am going to put this in this forum and hope people will read this. i want to ask if some one that knows how to start a petition or get a hold of the company in any way and make a point across. now we all know that paying for a game for around 50 to 60 bucks (new may i add) is reasonable now a days, and every one is use to paying for a time card or how ever u pay for your time to play. but why should u make the most recent technology the minimum requirements? i have to go out and buy a new computer because my computer is out of date? the graphics card isn't good enough? processor is to slow? i think u can easily fix this and get even more people to play by putting even lower graphics settings, make the detail enough so u know were a tree is if u get to close to it, make enemy's half visible, turn of animation, and so on. i do not think its fair to those people who work a stress full job, with low pay and just want to blow off steam and come to find out that they have to pay 500 more dollars for a new computer when just spent at the least 70, that's 570 dollars! look i am just saying with a slight update or so (such as 1.2 perhaps?) that you could put a lower graphics settings in, please and thank you.

p.s i will post this in more forums and threads till my point gets across.

hello every one, i am not sure where to put this so i am going to put this in this forum and hope people will read this. i want to ask if some one that knows how to start a petition or get a hold of the company in any way and make a point across. now we all know that paying for a game for around 50 to 60 bucks (new may i add) is reasonable now a days, and every one is use to paying for a time card or how ever u pay for your time to play. but why should u make the most recent technology the minimum requirements? i have to go out and buy a new computer because my computer is out of date? the graphics card isn't good enough? processor is to slow? i think u can easily fix this and get even more people to play by putting even lower graphics settings, make the detail enough so u know were a tree is if u get to close to it, make enemy's half visible, turn of animation, and so on. i do not think its fair to those people who work a stress full job, with low pay and just want to blow off steam and come to find out that they have to pay 500 more dollars for a new computer when just spent at the least 70, that's 570 dollars! look i am just saying with a slight update or so (such as 1.2 perhaps?) that you could put a lower graphics settings in, please and thank you.

p.s i will post this in more forums and threads till my point gets across.

The game does not require "the most recent technology" as its minimum requirements.

The minimum graphics card for this game came out in 2005. The minimum processor in 2007. The game is playable at that spec.

Am sorry to say but the minimum specs for this game are no where near a new computer the specs are a few years old the game already caters for low end machines and is constantly trying to cater for more but I would not hold your hopes up for 1.2.

yeah I'm sorry your having a hard time with the graphics, but I can assure you that you don't need a whole lot to play this. Now my old computer (just got a new one last week) was a good 4 years old and with a 2 year old graphic card...well maybe 2 1/2, but it played the game just fine. Sure long load times, but once it loaded it played well.

Now I got a new pc, but still am using the graphic card from the old system and the game does run a lot better, but you should be fine with what you have, I didnt meet the min requirements for everything and it still worked.

Am sorry to say but the minimum specs for this game are no where near a new computer the specs are a few years old the game already caters for low end machines and is constantly trying to cater for more but I would not hold your hopes up for 1.2.

I run this on medium settings without issue... on a laptop that's a couple years old.

The game does not require "the most recent technology" as its minimum requirements.

The minimum graphics card for this game came out in 2005. The minimum processor in 2007. The game is playable at that spec.

I have way better then what you have mentioned and yet in alderaan civil war warzone i get bugger all FPS, this game in most areas doesn't require a great machine but in others even the top of range seem to suffer which is something they really need to address.

Edited by deags

This is the way of PC gaming. You need to keep your rig up to date or at least somewhat up to date. If you want to spend money once and not have to worry about things play a console. Not saying that in a bad way i have friends that stopped playing PC games and switched to console on that fact a lone.

I apologize in advanced if this sounds a bit crass.

It is not my intent to be rude, however, if you cannot afford $600 USD for a decent rig that can play SWTOR, you have bigger problems than affording a game, let alone a new PC. I reccomend using that time you would spend to play a game and get a second job to get yourself out of your financial rut. Or, if your job pays decent, it could be a money management error. Cutting back on stuff you don't need as well as conserving energy in your home all adds up to extra cash.

Good luck.

Edited by Damon_Mott

I'm playing TOR with no trouble on my machine... Which I last built/upgraded about two years ago. It cost me $500 to build a new computer almost entirely from scratch, including a new 17" LCD. Absolutely none of it was bleeding edge, but it's served me just fine for a couple years now. And, as I said, it runs TOR just fine.