Centurion Gear vs PVE in PvP

KuruptOwnz

I just obtained my full set of Centurion gear, just wondering if any PvE gear is better until Champion Gear?

Thanks.

Cent gear is generally better than PVE gear, though it has serious overkill on Acc and insufficient Crit/Surge. The best option is to get 50 daily crit/surge enhancements or rip them out of PVE tiered gear and insert them into your Cent gear to prevent massive Acc overkill and crit/surge deficiency. Once you start having extra drops or comms laying around, pulling Columi-tier Power/Surge mods out of IA gear is the way to go.

Most everyone other than tanks is only sitting on a 5% defense chance, so unless you prefer to go around trying to roflstomp Tankassins, you don't actually need much of the +Acc Cent gear provides (what you are really after is the Expertise, anyway).

The reduced STR and END are annoying, but the benefits of Expertise outweigh the stat losses. The biggest downside is HP losses. I drop a significant amount of HP (nearly 1k) switching from PVE to mixed Cent/Champ PVP gear. The extra damage reduction from Expertise more than makes up for it, however.

Cent gear is generally better than PVE gear, though it has serious overkill on Acc and insufficient Crit/Surge. The best option is to get 50 daily crit/surge enhancements or rip them out of PVE tiered gear and insert them into your Cent gear to prevent massive Acc overkill and crit/surge deficiency. Once you start having extra drops or comms laying around, pulling Columi-tier Power/Surge mods out of IA gear is the way to go.

Most everyone other than tanks is only sitting on a 5% defense chance, so unless you prefer to go around trying to roflstomp Tankassins, you don't actually need much of the +Acc Cent gear provides (what you are really after is the Expertise, anyway).

The reduced STR and END are annoying, but the benefits of Expertise outweigh the stat losses. The biggest downside is HP losses. I drop a significant amount of HP (nearly 1k) switching from PVE to mixed Cent/Champ PVP gear. The extra damage reduction from Expertise more than makes up for it, however.

How would one go about this, heh..?

How would one go about this, heh..?

One could...

-Do the daily Heroic quest Poisonous Strategy on Ilum, to scoop up a couple Crit/Surge enhancements.

-Do Hard Mode Flashpoints to nab Energized, Exotech, Tionese, and Columi gear. If any given piece isn't directly useful for PVE, or one gets a duplicate of any given piece, make with the yoinking of the mods.

-Buy either Marauder or Agent PVE gear via commendations. Agent gear (one set of it, anyway) comes with juicy Power/Surge augments, which are great to have lying around to tuck into gear once your unbuffed Crit is in the 25-30% range.