6 new us pve servers. Not one pvp. Really?

Kimasoko

Yea, I'm not so patiently waiting too. My motives are slightly different.

In order of importances to me are:

1. Queue times. You can merge servers later when the population declines. Just create new servers now. I refuse to join a server that's slap full.

2. Exploiters. Beta players often hold back reporting exploits so they can use them on launch. Now that we know (WZ exploit), we can avoid the same situation in the new servers.

3. Griefers. There's already level 50s (check the forums). They're bored and they want to sit at the quest all day preventing anyone from advancing. Nice!

All of this can happen at any time of any game, so it doesn't matter if its during the first week or the 5 anniversary of the game, people will always exploit and grief, so how is this game any different?

The Queue times are unfortunate, but again, things will even out eventually, they always do.

Yeah i wont even start playing when i get access till they open a new West Coast PVP server, not jumping into a server with people already max level F that noise.

It's really not that bad. My friend did not get in until yesterday and he is doing fine. You won't even see another opponent in open world PvP until the mid 20's. Mandalore THe Indomitable is a fairly balanced PvP server, not sure about some of the others though.

It's really not that bad. My friend did not get in until yesterday and he is doing fine. You won't even see another opponent in open world PvP until the mid 20's. Mandalore THe Indomitable is a fairly balanced PvP server, not sure about some of the others though.

There ya go, some optimism! Dark Reaper is also a pretty decent server, however last night, I started queue at 427 or something like that, so I just watched Dexter and had a few beers, queue was done before Dexter was half over, so 30 mins or so. I wonder how many people passed me in level at that time! OH NOES!! I AM NOT IN THE TOP 10 ANYMORE!! lolz

I think some people, like BW, dont understand its not a pop or q thing. People are just waiting to roll on a fresh server. They are going to add more neways so why not just give us one. Its not too difficult to ubderstand, err i guess it is

The game is 3 days old. Every server is fresh.

Last night at peak times only the PVP server where all full, don't judge by what the pop is at 10am CST lol

Waiting on one myself also but I was checking the server list very closely last night and the only servers that had "heavy" or "very heavy" on them were PVP servers.

An RP-PVP server did come out last night though.

There ya go, some optimism! Dark Reaper is also a pretty decent server, however last night, I started queue at 427 or something like that, so I just watched Dexter and had a few beers, queue was done before Dexter was half over, so 30 mins or so. I wonder how many people passed me in level at that time! OH NOES!! I AM NOT IN THE TOP 10 ANYMORE!! lolz

That's why I'm not inclined to believe you. You're already playing. You'll have your chance to grief the lowbies at launch.

Why should we join your tainted server with a 45 minute queue?

Edited by Larishet

Waiting on one myself also but I was checking the server list very closely last night and the only servers that had "heavy" or "very heavy" on them were PVP servers.

An RP-PVP server did come out last night though.

I don't do RP. I really considered joining it but I just couldn't...

East Coast PVP servers yet to be added very soon:

Cho Mai

Firkrann Crystal

Infinity Gate

Kath Hound - RPPvP

I didn't copy down the West Coast servers.

Edited by Larishet

That's why I'm not inclined to believe you. You're already playing. You'll have your chance to grief the lowbies at launch.

Why should we join your tainted server with a 45 minute queue?

I don't care what server you join, there will be griefing, ganking, groups and armies of people killing the one lonely guy out there doing his own thing and everything else. What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter, it's going to happen, early access or not, there is always someone that will be higher level or better skill level, better gear, or just brings his buddies along. So why complain about the inevitable? :rolleyes:

Not everyone is a pvp zealot. Plus you CAN pvp on pve servers if you choose to. I think people like more choice.

How is this constructive to the conversation? All PvP (west) were in the red last night. Very simply, we need a new server. Something like 5 or 6 new PvE servers (west) were added yesterday even though there was almost always a server or two not in the red.

Is one pvp server really too much to ask?

It's not like they're just doing this out of thin air. I'm sure they're opening new servers based on the servers that players are selecting. Most likely many more players are selecting PVE than PVP for their first characters.

I imagine you'll see more and more people joining PVP with later characters..

yea cause adding 6 new PVE servers and 0 new PVP ones really ruining it for you carebears

Ironic that someone too chicken to roll on an existing server is calling PvE players carebears.

Anyhow, opening servers is a business decision based on need. MMOs play best with healthy server populations, too many servers and your population becomes too spread out and you have "dead" servers and those players get all emo and whatever.

There is no technical need for more PvP servers, because the existing PvP servers aren't all full. This tells Bioware that there are no more players interested in playing on PvP servers and therefore they won't make more PvP servers. They aren't going to risk under-populated servers by opening up un-needed new servers. Its a waste of money to do so, and it risks creating an environment were the server is dead and those players quit instead of re-rolling.

By refusing to roll on any server you are making it less likely that they will fill the existing servers and feel the need to open more PvP servers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.