Darth Maul's Return

captionkeys

Imo the clone wars series is an abomination of star wars and pretty much messes up all established lore...it's a kid's show, I get it, but do they really need to come up with all this crap? I haven't watched the show in ages, but I remember seeing zombies, angels and godly entities as well as the demon counterparst and more, plus now they are ruining Darth Maul by making him survive an enormous fall, having been cut in half. I'll never consider it canon.

Don't be stubborn. Clone Wars has officially abandoned its right to be called a kid's show with this episode. It isn't all-ages either, and it barely qualifies as young adult.

Darth Maul decapitated a group of people in a graphic display of terrorism. Totally highlander style.

It's seriously gone past the moral event horizon and straight into nightmare fuel territory. This was a really good episode.

Edited by sanctified

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be stubborn. Clone Wars has officially abandoned its right to be called a kid's show with this episode. It isn't all-ages either, and it barely qualifies as young adult.

Darth Maul decapitated a group of people in a graphic display of terrorism. Totally highlander style.

It's seriously gone past the moral event horizon and straight into nightmare fuel territory. This was a really good episode.

I've got to admit I haven't watched any episode since what I think might be the end of season 2...but what I did see really angered me. It's really repetitive, Ahsoka is annoying, Anakin is a completely different character, all kinds of absurd things happen...it just shows a really, really bad creative process done by people who clearly do not know anything about star wars, or don't care. Fine either way, but their show cannot be considered canon.

Edited by Atarufighter

I've got to admit I haven't watched any episode since what I think might be the end of season 2...but what I did see really angered me. It's really repetitive, Ahsoka is annoying, Anakin is a completely different character, all kinds of absurd things happen...it just shows a really, really bad creative process done by people who clearly do not know anything about star wars, or don't care. Fine either way, but their show cannot be considered canon.

Around season 3 the show got darker (more adult, less kid).

It's canon because George Lucas approves all episodes before they are made.

Darth Maul returning and the darkside/lightside deity like beings were all done because George Lucas specifically wanted them in the show.

From the dvd extras, it show George Lucas giving the writers concepts for the show. The writers then write episodes around the concepts George Lucas gives them. George Lucas then approves/rejects the episodes before they are made.

Edited by Quiet

Around season 3 the show got darker (more adult, less kid).

It's canon because George Lucas approves all episodes before they are made.

Darth Maul returning and the darkside/lightside deity like beings were all done because George Lucas specifically wanted them in the show.

From the dvd extras, it show George Lucas giving the writers concepts for the show. The writers then write episodes around the concepts George Lucas gives them. George Lucas then approves/rejects the episodes before they are made.

Well George Lucas should be more considerate when offering ideas to the show, of his fans, and of the great universe he created.

Well GL mind sure shows clear signs to have deteriorated over the last decade and a half considering the quality the IP has taken. But as long as there are overzealous fans ready to pay for the merchandise be it "fact" books like Jedi vs Sith or toys it will continue.

Once there were good Star Wars games made, Xwing series, Dark Forces series up to Jedi Academy, story might be lacking quality in some of them but they were still enjoyable. Nowadays crap like Force Unleashed sully the Lucasarts name, it is a real shame!

Edited by jiggsy
missing comma

There could be air vents , the same thing happened to luke!! But it was cool to see him back and what may happen leading up to the last fight years later on tat when OBI Wan finally kills him. OOPS spoiler

also Obi Wan is a sloppy jedi!! Cant finsh off Darh Maul or Vader. That is the true reason why he let vadar kill him so his sloppyness would not pass to Luke ha ha .

:D

Edited by Kadrra

I always expected him to be alive, if they don't get a highly emotional death scene they ain't dead for reals.

Maul was a primary antagonist in that film, the Vader of episode 1, for a character who is that important to the narrative of the film to Die off screen well it just doesn't happen