Accuracy and the BM set

Evixy

I don't really get the BM set for Marauders and Sentinels. The majority of our DPS comes from weaponbased attacks such as Annihilate, Massacre, Vicious Slash, etc, which all require Accuracy in order to hit/not be fully avoided. In PvP, if you want to be able to hit everything that isn't a tank, you need 10% additional accuracy due to Inquisitors and Consulars having 10% base defense unlike the other classes that only have 5% defense. However, using the full BM set without speccing for Accuracy in Carnage/Combat wont get you to 10% additional accuracy. Seeing as about 50% of the Pvp community (at least on my server) is Inquisitors and Consulars, you kinda have no choice but to get the additional 10% accuracy unless you want strong abilities like Annihilate and Vicious Throw to be fully avoided by a sorc with 10k HP.

Is this just bad design by BioWare or do they want us to spec Carnage/Combat (which for the record has a lot of potential in PvP, but is just so squishy unlike Annihilation) in order to be fully effective in PvP? Personally I have no intention of using full BM for the simple reason that I have PvE gear such as Rakata Weapons which are modable so that I can get 10% aditional Accuracy that way.

However, not everyone has the possibility to do Hard Mode Operations for Rakata Gear like I do. Now I do realize that in 1.2 the PvP gear will be fully remoddable, weapons included, however I do not think they will put more Accuracy into the BM set, meaning that you'd have to remodify the gear with other Enhancements to get 10% accuracy without speccing for it.

If any Dev might read this, how do you plan to do with Accuracy for Marauders and Sentinels following 1.2? Will the War Hero set be similar to the BM set as in that it is lacking Accuracy?

I don't really get the BM set for Marauders and Sentinels. The majority of our DPS comes from weaponbased attacks such as Annihilate, Massacre, Vicious Slash, etc, which all require Accuracy in order to hit/not be fully avoided. In PvP, if you want to be able to hit everything that isn't a tank, you need 10% additional accuracy due to Inquisitors and Consulars having 10% base defense unlike the other classes that only have 5% defense. However, using the full BM set without speccing for Accuracy in Carnage/Combat wont get you to 10% additional accuracy. Seeing as about 50% of the Pvp community (at least on my server) is Inquisitors and Consulars, you kinda have no choice but to get the additional 10% accuracy unless you want strong abilities like Annihilate and Vicious Throw to be fully avoided by a sorc with 10k HP.

Is this just bad design by BioWare or do they want us to spec Carnage/Combat (which for the record has a lot of potential in PvP, but is just so squishy unlike Annihilation) in order to be fully effective in PvP? Personally I have no intention of using full BM for the simple reason that I have PvE gear such as Rakata Weapons which are modable so that I can get 10% aditional Accuracy that way.

However, not everyone has the possibility to do Hard Mode Operations for Rakata Gear like I do. Now I do realize that in 1.2 the PvP gear will be fully remoddable, weapons included, however I do not think they will put more Accuracy into the BM set, meaning that you'd have to remodify the gear with other Enhancements to get 10% accuracy without speccing for it.

If any Dev might read this, how do you plan to do with Accuracy for Marauders and Sentinels following 1.2? Will the War Hero set be similar to the BM set as in that it is lacking Accuracy?

Rofl.