Qui Gon Jinn sucks at fighting

Reeny

If you actually understand anything of Star Wars Lore, you'd know that there are several Lightsaber styles, and from what I believe and have been told, Qui-Gon's preferred style wasn't all that efficient in small spaces, especially against someone like Darth Maul who was more proficient with his weapon and style in that final location. The fact he actually managed to hold his own though for a time was impressive in it's own, considering. Edited by Setsugetsuka

Guessing the OP is about 7 years old, only ever watched the travesty that was episode 1, hasn't watched the original trilogy because it isnt packed with CGI and therefore completely missed the point.

As far as jedi are concerned -

wars do not make one great,

strength in the force is not dependent on martial prowess,

Qui Gon, as well as the other jedi hadn't faced a sith before,

or OP was a troll

If you actually understand anything of Star Wars Lore, you'd know that there are several Lightsaber styles, and from what I believe and have been told, Qui-Gon's preferred style wasn't all that efficient in small spaces, especially against someone like Darth Maul who was more proficient with his weapon and style in that final location. The fact he actually managed to hold his own though for a time was impressive in it's own, considering.

iirc, Qui-Gon was a master of Ataru, like Yoda, so he wasn't able to do his wacky Force-jumps all over the place.

If you actually understand anything of Star Wars Lore, you'd know that there are several Lightsaber styles, and from what I believe and have been told, Qui-Gon's preferred style wasn't all that efficient in small spaces, especially against someone like Darth Maul who was more proficient with his weapon and style in that final location. The fact he actually managed to hold his own though for a time was impressive in it's own, considering.

Well i recon qui gon was old and couldnt keep up to a young sith lord like Maul at the time. That is what the novelization of the film focus about. If i remember correctly.

He should have dual-specced.

Qui Gon Jin sucks at fighting.

Not sure how he got to be a Jedi warrior.

Well.. the whole reason he died was because he had no idea Maul's lightsaber was double-bladed. In fact I think in the book it talks about how he had never seen one before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.