Selling XP boosts is just plain wrong

Disclaimer

THIS IS NOT REAL CASH WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE! IT'S CREDITS IN THE GAME.

Difference! Difference!

This needs bigger emphasis as OP's title can make it very misleading.

This isn't like F2P models where paying real money gives you superior in-game advantages. The game rewards your future experiences simply by playing.

If you enjoy the grind, by all means don't unlock it.

Edited by xGBox

So they are phasing in p2play?

We already pay to play. It's called a monthly sub.

Perhaps you are referring to pay to win? In that case you are wrong also because this only makes you level faster. It doesn't make your character more powerful.

In fact by using xp boosts, your character will have fewer drops and therefore will be geared less and have less cash. So all this really is, is an indirect money sink, because it will require more creds/gear from presumably your main character to make up for the loss of drops on the way.

I read that this is being considered for the future, and it is a BAD idea.

I think the devs are being swayed by a minority of lazy/impatient players who hate leveling... and this makes me wonder...

So you hate leveling alts?

This is an MMO right?

What do you want next? a purchasable collection of level 50s?

Yes, that would be awesome. Lv50 purchases please Bioware. Why would I want to run the same quests over and over and over? The only way I'm going to make an alt is if I can skip everything but the class quests.

As a player YOU DO NOT WANT THIS, my last "MMO" had a system in which you could earn extra xp when you play (like a 2 times bonus) and then that xp could later be converted with in game gold which was purchased for real cash, this is a very addictive system and I know a number of "hardcore" players that easily spent upwards of $500 in 1 years time, the game Devs then centered the game around "the grind" in order to frustrate players to the point that the xp boost was necessary. Its a very slippery slope and we as gamers need to reject this idea.

It's not real money in SWTOR. It's in-game credits.

Edited by Game-Hermit

So you hate leveling alts?

This is an MMO right?

I belive you have zero understanding what an MMO is about, immersion? yes, deversity? yes, player interaction/dependancy? yes, but creating twink after twink after twink after twink is NOT what an MMO is about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.