1.2 pvp changes

TheRoidMan

Unless ranked warzones will let my guild and I queue up as a full 8 man premade, this game will probably be ruined for us.

We grinded our way to battlemasster, me to rank 70, without a title(whole nother story here) when u actually had to win to get there.

As soon as we have 7 or 8 member reach the milestone, the grind to get there gets incredibly nerfed.

We all feel cheated about that...

But free champ gear at fresh 50???

I recently leveled a 50 sent and was able to pull 400kd and 75kh in fresh 50 epic moddable gear.

Just goes to show u that people will get anything if enough of them cry.

The gear gap fresh 50 is extremely exaggerated and bioware is going to make this game fail if they continue to cater to the QQers.

WTB PVP GEAR THAT IS SKILL BASED

That is all.

so you cant do well in pvp unless you have a big gear advantage? pvp is more fun when most everyone is even gear wise. but fake pvpers need gear advantages i guess.

Well you know not everyone is skilled so many must rely on grining, friends,gear and other skilless methods to get those

Edited by Labradoraki

Unless ranked warzones will let my guild and I queue up as a full 8 man premade, this game will probably be ruined for us.

We grinded our way to battlemasster, me to rank 70, without a title(whole nother story here) when u actually had to win to get there.

As soon as we have 7 or 8 member reach the milestone, the grind to get there gets incredibly nerfed.

We all feel cheated about that...

But free champ gear at fresh 50???

I recently leveled a 50 sent and was able to pull 400kd and 75kh in fresh 50 epic moddable gear.

Just goes to show u that people will get anything if enough of them cry.

The gear gap fresh 50 is extremely exaggerated and bioware is going to make this game fail if they continue to cater to the QQers.

WTB PVP GEAR THAT IS SKILL BASED

That is all.

there is no skill involved in it anyway as all your skill comes from your gear and the overpowerd 1 button wonder class people like to play alot.

8 man premade of BM's and OP class's vs pugs in greens ? is this realy what you want to boost your ego's even more thinking your even more PRO like DERP! lol

Surely the more skilled you are the less you need PVP gear? Someone said this on another thread - seems odd that the reward for being really good at PVP is gear that means you don't have to be very good at PVP to win.

I must admit I am not overjoyed at the idea of buying gear for credits - I'd rather see Cent gear be available for normal WZ commendations, Champ for the equivalent of Cent tokens now and BM for the equivalent of Champ tokens. Make it easier to gear up but still mean you have to put in some work to get it.

I don't blame people for being abit put off about doing that grind and then having this company revamp how you go about getting gear just a short time later. They wasted these peoples time.

It doesn't effect me to terribly, because I kind of saw this coming when I hit lvl 50 on my first guy at valor rank 35 and had half of one piece of the entry level pvp gear.

I feel that you shouldn't have to pve to pvp (even though the ilum dailies and so on aren't a big deal once you learn about that stuff), but the starter gear for pvp in this game is centurion. Going right to champ or an equivilant for money isn't neccessary. Throwing the valor grind out isn't neccessary either, I went through the 40's in the same time I went through the teens in the old version. The 40's might actually be faster honestly. You just have to set that up so that when you finish your champ suit, you should be at or nearing 60 for battlemaster. Being able to outfit all of your companions in champ pvp gear before you get to the next tier was a terrible idea on the same plane of having huttball as the only same faction pvp map.

As a former swg player, you don't want to get in the habit of wasting peoples time or overhauling systems. Fixing gear progression wasn't that hard.

And for the love of god, just put in an appearance tab instead of having to rip mods out of something to put it in something that looks better lol. The black bisector cloak is 10 times better looking for a jedi knight than the robo cop champ gear set.

Well you know not everyone is skilled so many must rely on grining, friends,gear and other skilless methods to get those

This man speaks the truth.

He got more experience at it then every single PvPers in TOR put together so trust me, he really knows what he is talking about here(for the first time in his post history may I add).

Well, expect the friends part that is.

well i'd see the gear difference more of a prestige advatage.

like for example you don't drive a ferrari because it can run faster then a regular car, but because of the prestige you get through owning one (the majority that is).

Now one could make the point that getting ranked and valor is enough prestige.

But that would only work if other people actually would envy your valor or rank

(which most don't give a damn about because the comunity is different then in games like starcraft).

About better stats though (even if it is only very minor like 1 or 2 %) almost everyone at least raises an eyebrow (even if they don't really feel the difference on the battlefield)

• 2 weeks later...

Stand alone PvP games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo, and StarCraft do not have gear advantages. They have unlocks that serve as strategic bonuses, but the above games never increase HP and damage dealt.

Some would say "Oh, well those games are not MMOs" and those people would be right. Yet what MMO could stand alone based on there PvP? The non-MMO games I mentioned live and die based on their PvP, and are widely considered to be the best PvP games ever made.

What happens in a PvP game like Madden when one guy wants to pick the Green Bay Packers and the other guy picks the St Louis Rams? One or both of the players will usually leave and try to find a game more evenly matched.

lvl 70 valor and full War Hero just means you play a lot. It does not speak either way to your actual skill.

Gear should improve prestige not stats, just like every other successful and acclaimed PvP game.