Commando Weapon Choice

Hey people.

I'm a Commando and I would like to know if staying with Blaster Rifles is a viable way to use this char. I don't really like Cannons and the only difference I've seen so far is that I can't use Charged Bolts (I'm either Gunnery = Grav Round or Medic = I don't use it) and Hail of Bolts ( I don't use this often at all, it eats up too much ammo and doesn't hit hard).

So I would like to know your opinion if staying with the Rifle has more prohibitions besides the those 2 abilities.

You also have a lot less range damage which means weaker full autos and hi-impact bolts.

Unless you plan to heal I highly suggest going with the cannon anyway. And even then you might want to throw out a bit of extra dps to help out.

Hey people.

I'm a Commando and I would like to know if staying with Blaster Rifles is a viable way to use this char. I don't really like Cannons and the only difference I've seen so far is that I can't use Charged Bolts (I'm either Gunnery = Grav Round or Medic = I don't use it) and Hail of Bolts ( I don't use this often at all, it eats up too much ammo and doesn't hit hard).

So I would like to know your opinion if staying with the Rifle has more prohibitions besides the those 2 abilities.

The only spec you can get away with is a healer that will do absolutely nothing but heal(which really won't happen as on some fights like Infernal Council you'll NEED to DPS). Rifles have less min-max damage than Assault Cannons of the same rating so your DPS will suffer a significant loss by picking a rifle.

Ontop of that you won't be able to use Hail of Bolts, which I thought was pretty useless leveling up but actually use a lot at 50 for AOE heavy fights. Mine now will hit for about 800-1k on each target per tick making it a good filler for when you're other AOE is on cooldown. You would also lose Charged bolts but unless you are Assault spec then that doesn't really matter.