most amazing pvp just as advertised!

Kracin

yep...

1-49.. get buffed so nothing you do matters until then, all that crafting, and gearing while leveling means nothing, not even the stats are buffed accordingly, its just item level based.

then at 50, the difference in gear is phenomenally ridiculous. somehow everything you do up until 50 means jack to help during pvp.

and then once you hit 50, the game is about who had the most free nights to collect easy mode gear, not who was best at killing or who found the best combination of regular equipment with mods etc etc.

thanks bioware. this was definitely the greatest pvp of all time.

i think the best route for this whole experience to go, is to start throwing everybody in the same warzone with no buffs, its the only way they could complete the trifecta of fail.

yep...

1-49.. get buffed so nothing you do matters until then, all that crafting, and gearing while leveling means nothing, not even the stats are buffed accordingly, its just item level based.

then at 50, the difference in gear is phenomenally ridiculous. somehow everything you do up until 50 means jack to help during pvp.

and then once you hit 50, the game is about who had the most free nights to collect easy mode gear, not who was best at killing or who found the best combination of regular equipment with mods etc etc.

thanks bioware. this was definitely the greatest pvp of all time.

i think the best route for this whole experience to go, is to start throwing everybody in the same warzone with no buffs, its the only way they could complete the trifecta of fail.

actually if you watch your HP when you get the WZ 49 buff you will notice that your gear does make a bit of difference. My HP fluxuated between 11k and 13k depending on my gear in the 1-49 WZ.

Why the hell are people acting like this is some sort of surprise? The levels of gear in MOST MMOs is huge at max level.

And it's not even huge compared to other MMOs.

In WoW, Rift, LotRo, etc etc, gear plays a FAR, FAR bigger role in defining the weak from the strong.

SWTOR has perhaps the lowest gear gap in PvP out of any MMO I've played in recent memory.

Bioware have been quite bold in the way they've handled balance and, based on what they said at the guild summit and in posts on these forums they realise that most people have no idea what so ever what they are talking about.

They couldn't give a **** about your nerf threads, or your "OMG GEAR" complaints, because they - like I - know they are totally unfounded 90% of the time.

Happy and true.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.