The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How to use "Blitz" skill?

StrykeHard

I'm a level 35 Vanguard and just picked up the new skill "Blitz"

I think of it as another stock strike- but more powerful and only against frozen/ stunned targets.

I've tried using it many times and can;t figure out if it is bugged or i'm doing something wrong. The skill button does not light up to allow me to use the skill.

I've tried PvE and PvP.

I thought that if I'm at melee range and use Cryo-Grenade and then I should be able to pop a Blitz strike..., but something is not working.

Any hints or tips appreciated.

Blitz (or its equivalent on any class) does not work in PVP at all.

Its best use is to quickly remove standard mobs, that become disabled by your other skills.

When fighting a strong + standard duo I would use a sticky bomb to stun the standard mob and blitz it. The sticky bomb was enough to finish the job, so I could focus my attention on the strong.

Just to confirm

Blitz is for PVE only, does not work at all in PVP.

It also only works on Standard and Strong Mobs.

So if the mob your fighting in PVE is Elite, Champion or Boss level, it wont work on them either.

As said above, I either use the sticky granade or the carbonite granade on smaller adds and use blitz to finish them quickly.

I know a lot of people have taken it off their bar completely. I still like it for the adds, but thats about all its good for.

Blitz is largely a useless ability and doesnt take up any space on my toolbars for my vanguard and for my trooper I didnt even bother learning it. Its a skill thats in desperate need of some attention or should just be removed from the game.