Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

WOW is still quite popular and has been for some time I am given to understand

And it had both hour queues and complete lockouts on new players joining populated servers when it launched.

Also, what is Black Friday?

The biggest shopping day of the year. Looks like someone doesn't buy Christmas presents for the family.

Edited by ApesAmongUs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit puzzled why there has been no response... They are closing all other threads on this matter and sending people to post here (thats how I got here, posted by one of the devs), so they clearly know this thread exists.

I think the game has been far more popular than they allowed for, but even so you don't ignore your customers who post up a very real issue!

So why is there no Dev response? Even a "we're working on it" comment would do.

I you meant capped than i agree with you. And if the number in game isn't the server instance it could be some server cluster number. Why they don't go up with the cap is a riddle for me and why they force people who allready have characters on a server to wait in a line (because they sure won't reroll on another server) is another mystery to me.

yep. the numbers are taken from Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Republic side and multiplied x2 +added some for server debalance and phased solo & heroic quests.. those are actually pretty much accurate numbers since ive been around there 3 hours ago. and been asking people to tell the numbers of where they are and im lvl 34, so ive seen the high level planets.

I don't know who these people are saying they never had to wait longer than 10 mins to get into a server for an MMO at launch, i remember WoW very first launch waiting well over 2 hrs to play, i had to ring my mum to log me in before i left work so it would be ready for when i got home lol. Like the other guy said im just happy the game is here and im sure it will get better after launch and in the meanwhile sit back, relax ahve another vodka and coke and watch a bit of tv with yer feet up...ahhh this is the life ;)

Having a queue to join the server is fine at the moment, however. What happens when the rest of the population get access to the game, and the game launches to the none pre-ordered public on the 20th and then those lucky enough to get a copy of the game for Christmas.

The Yellow post says "PVP SERVERS - MOVE TO ANOTHER PVP SERVER" However, all PVP servers are currently full and with a queue times in excess of 30minutes. How exactly would moving be better?

Let alone when everyone else gets onto the servers...

Having a queue to join the server is fine at the moment, however. What happens when the rest of the population get access to the game, and the game launches to the none pre-ordered public on the 20th and then those lucky enough to get a copy of the game for Christmas.

The Yellow post says "PVP SERVERS - MOVE TO ANOTHER PVP SERVER" However, all PVP servers are currently full and with a queue times in excess of 30minutes. How exactly would moving be better?

Let alone when everyone else gets onto the servers...

There are also some people who plays Early Access now but might not play after the release, maybe they only preordered and then canceled once they put their code in?

Dear SWTOR,

please can I book a ring back so that I know when your servers aren't engaged?. I'm happy to commit to 2 hours playtime a week next Wednesday if you reserve a spot for me.

seriously, if SWTOR don't sort this out before the official 'go-live' date, then this could be a real ****-up by Bioware. Who is going to play a game that you have to wait an hour to log in to do so?

I posted the WoW issues and it didn't have a que, WoW had log-in server issues for days. Which lead to the "Log-in game" where you type your password and hit enter a few hundred times before being able to log in. WAR had initial issues, then opened WAY too many servers, look where WAR is now, poor example. Never did Lotro past beta, wasn't something I was interested in.

So they are lies and something I would rather not see on these forums. The community needs to be a place of facts, not this slander.

Nope. Not lies. I did not wait more than 10 minutes. Ever.

You don't agree, and that's fine, doesn't make me a liar.

I posted the WoW issues and it didn't have a que, WoW had log-in server issues for days. Which lead to the "Log-in game" where you type your password and hit enter a few hundred times before being able to log in. WAR had initial issues, then opened WAY too many servers, look where WAR is now, poor example. Never did Lotro past beta, wasn't something I was interested in.

So they are lies and something I would rather not see on these forums. The community needs to be a place of facts, not this slander.

Your arguments are terrible, WAR isn't here now because they opened to many servers, it's not here because it was terrible. I never had many problems with the release of WoW, some did but not all, unlike this SWTOR fiasco.

they can't fix this...only think they can do is close all the eu server and create server divided by nationality... so all the comunity can split in their own server...

theyre all full. so hows the split "idea" usefull in this situation?

There are also some people who plays Early Access now but might not play after the release, maybe they only preordered and then canceled once they put their code in?

Plus, the fact that 1000 people in once area are more of a strain on any system than 10 people in 100 areas, so they likely have the caps artificially lowered until the levels of the characters get spread out a bit more.

By Tuesday, they may be able to let 500 more people on per server with the same strain on the machines and bandwidth, simply because those people who play this weekend will not all be in the noob zones.