The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyrotech PvE - PvP specs

Crixaliss

I have been using this for both PvE and PvP lately: (As well as throwing on good tank gear to offtank/tank nightmare modes)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhMbdGhMM.1

It is currently, sim wise, the highest DPS Build (sustained) we can do. (Courtesy of the Math Gurus over at Sithwarrior.com, something I don't have the time or desire to do myself).

Now, depending on your raid makeup you can shift some of the armor penetration points around but for a general use for a Hard Mode Flashpoint or 8 Man Ops this will do the trick.

It does just fine in PvP, you do lose out on Thermal Detonator and Energy Rebounder but they aren't game breaking for PvP. Your damage just gets focused between your other abilities rather then the large possible TD Crit so in some cases bursting a person down takes a few seconds longer.

Edited by exphryl

"Useful" yes. "Optimal" no.

There are a lot of goodies in the Pyro tree that don't count for much in PvE (I assume you mean raiding and not questing/leveling). Energy Rebounder, the slow proc on CGC and the improved Stealth Scan come to mind.

You can still play PvP without those talents, but the utility they provide will keep you alive and dishing out damage long after the PvE spec is dead and respawned. Your DPS will be lower, but total damage will increase.