Annihilation build question

SoBlue

I am currently 32/6/3, with those 3 in the Rage tree being in Malice to give 6% crit chance on Force attacks. But which attacks are considered Force attacks?

I'm starting to think Force Scream and Smash are 2 of the only Force attacks Anni Maras have, so if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to put those 3 points back into my missing talents in the Anni tree or some extra skills in the Carnage tree? I use those 2 abilities pretty rarely in pvp, but a little more in pve. Just don't know if it's worth it to keep those 3 points there anymore.

If anyone knows, for a fact, which attacks are considered Force attacks please chime in.

IRC ataru procs count as force attacks and I think Note THINK dots not 100% sure count as force affects.

Also choke and crush. Don't forget them

edit basis for why i think dots count as force bc I remember someone talking about willpower affecting our dots and willpower is the force damage stat booster, so if willpower does affect our dots i would think chance to crit from force attacks would as well. Again do not take that as gospel truth its second hand information wait for a parser in 1.2 and check is the best advice on that.

Edited by kainsec

Yeah I think I'm going to have to run some tests after respeccing and just investigate myself. But the yellow text does make sense. I'm going to remove the Malice talent more than likely, unless DoTs are affected by it, in which case I need that extra crit chance and dmg on every tick.

Pretty sure that Force Damage is the Yellow numbers.

Go kill something, and any damage that's yellow is a force attack ;)

this is correct

yellow numbers are from force/tech damage

white numbers are from melee/ranged damage

It's been confirmed by testers on DarthHater.com and I have personally confirmed it; 6% to force crit chance affects your dots, but only your dots, and not the initial hit of rupture.

As for your extra points, I go 31/7/3, the 7 points in Carnage go into Defensive Stances (extra fury gained and more damage reduction), the +offhand talent, and Defensive Roll. Defensive Roll is vital for PvE (nightmare modes especially, the aoes will own you without that 30% reduction). It helps a ton in PvP too, as there are always aoes being thrown about, especially on melee piles.

If you need the +hit badly and do not yet possess the gear to make up the difference, you can take the +3% hit talent in carnage instead of the +6% force crit chance in Rage.

This is my opinion, take it for what you will.