Coming in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

A tip for you guys. Don't post any ideas. ANY. It might sound very cool and fun, and there's a 999% chance it is, but when you'll ask Bio to do it the only response you'll get is:

"It's too hard, so we won't do it.

I've seen that sentence like ten times in the Q&A now.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give me a cited (with link) example of a MMO giving away a new race for free from a content patch, and not an expansion. Can be wrong, but haven't seen free races from content patches neither from pay 2 play or free 2 play games.

Vindictus, Perfect World are just 2 examples of free 2 play games that releases all new characters for free.

And I'm pretty sure that almost all the games do that. There are actually very few games that release the new characters as buy DLCs

Vindictus, Perfect World are just 2 examples of free 2 play games that releases all new characters for free.

And I'm pretty sure that almost all the games do that. There are actually very few games that release the new characters as buy DLCs

You've just illustrated beautifully how the MMO genre has been branching into several sub-genres. So, to be fair, one cannot compare TOR to F2Ps or the like, as they are completely different beasts. It's a more congruent comparison to compare to WoW or RIFT.

And to this day in WoW and RIFT, you cannot play the opposing factions' races on the other side. No Orcs in Alliance, no Bahmis in Guardians.

I call BS on this update.

Legacy update was promis this month, not next or later.

It must be so great to have ALL your plans work out EXACTLY as expected and ... well, planned.

I'd much rather BW push the update back if it will cause more bugs and issues than try to release it piecemeal. People like you are why companies like BW STOP giving dates or even "estimations" on when things will be released. Just enjoy the game you have and consider it a bonus when you get the next big, feature-full patch! :)

Im really looking forward to all of the new content.. being able to change your UI **EPIC** (hope it scales too :p)

other then that i really hope they introduce dps meters and agro meters soon.. it would be nice to know wether you you really piss something bashable off or just giving it a gentle pad on the back

From here: http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild-summitlive-blogging/

"Reach level 50 with a human race – gain presence stat on all your existing and new legacy characters (since humans can be all classes)."

Says characters, so I misread it slightly, does characters mean races or classes, is it even true?

Nevermind, read it to myself again and it means that everyone is just getting presence stats old and new characters alike, not that there is new class/race >.<

Shame, pretty sucky bonus compared to unlocking your race for every other class.

Edited by LordRaeth

He also represents the group of people who dont actually now Star Wars Lore.

Can't wait to set up my family / friends tree through the legacy system and buy some pratice dummies for my ship. April can't come soon enough. Can't wait tho for when it hits PTS and we get to see how things are going through the forums. Or maybe i'll actually sign up for PTS.

I think I am scheduling a vacation around the end of April.... I will spend a week working on Legacy...

Naw man, its going to PvE exclusive attached to something called "heroic moment" abilities which in fact require a companion around in order to use them and with a 20 min cool down time.

Thank Bioware ... already enough CC in PvP as is...I'd quit immediately if I had to deal with a *********** Ops force choking my *** while another stabbed away then the other chocked me and ... yea...that **** would suck more balls than pavarotti.

Remy, you realize the heroic moment exists now it the game...

This is an ability only usable for the MINUTE the HM is active.

Must have a companion present, only available for a minute on every 21, currently it yields a slight boost to some stats and heals for a % of your maximum health every second. You get it at like level 15 or 16....

The legacy ability just makes it better. I might actually whip out the HM once every 21 minutes just to see the ability.

Nevermind, read it to myself again and it means that everyone is just getting presence stats old and new characters alike, not that there is new class/race >.<

Shame, pretty sucky bonus compared to unlocking your race for every other class.

You do realize Presence effects your companion's combat effectiveness, right?

:rolleyes: To use your logic you want TOR to be more like WoW and RIFT? You were the one comparing TOR to other games, so I did likewise, by comparing it to a game that did offer to let you make any character of any species for any faction.

By you still didn't answer my question, how does asking the devs to make all the work I do on all of my characters regardless of server applicable to my entire account asking too much? Or should I just be happy with your glib and pretty much off topic response?

The exploit there is the legacy features could feasibly be earned on an easy-mode pve server and then used on a more competitive pvp server.

I had to wade through players in order to get my legacy, I think it is particularly unfair to players to allow legacy unlocks cross server in this situation.

The exploit there is the legacy features could feasibly be earned on an easy-mode pve server and then used on a more competitive pvp server.

I had to wade through players in order to get my legacy, I think it is particularly unfair to players to allow legacy unlocks cross server in this situation.

What features aside from stat (presence that we know about) bonuses and the new heroic abilities might impact PvP? You have to complete chapter 3 to unlock them, and likely to use them on other characters, they probably share a cool down so unlocking others isn't a big deal as it doesn't add new ones.

I can think of a lot of reasons not to allow a number of these unlocks on PvP servers at all regardless of where they were unlocked. But why should people be punished for keeping their factions separate (which my guild and others did exactly for PvP reasons)? Work I did to get a Chiss to lvl 50 on one server shouldn't have to be repeated to unlock that species on another server.

As far as people complaining about these features being available on release in other MMO's.. How many of them have fully voiced quests? I sure can't think of one? The character immersion in this game far exceeds any other MMO. Just my most humble of opinions.

What features aside from stat (presence that we know about) bonuses and the new heroic abilities might impact PvP? You have to complete chapter 3 to unlock them, and likely to use them on other characters, they probably share a cool down so unlocking others isn't a big deal as it doesn't add new ones.

I can think of a lot of reasons not to allow a number of these unlocks on PvP servers at all regardless of where they were unlocked. But why should people be punished for keeping their factions separate (which my guild and others did exactly for PvP reasons)? Work I did to get a Chiss to lvl 50 on one server shouldn't have to be repeated to unlock that species on another server.

Umm, too bad?

The fact is your separate server characters are in a parallel dimension, this is the way it always was and always will be. This is why I pick a server and stick to it...

Hell before asking for legacy rewards cross server shouldn't you ask for mailing ability? Your characters cannot communicate at all, maybe we should consider this as well....

The point I am making is cross server is unavailable because it is exploitable and damages game mechanics...

Always has, always will.

Umm, too bad?

The fact is your separate server characters are in a parallel dimension, this is the way it always was and always will be. This is why I pick a server and stick to it...

Hell before asking for legacy rewards cross server shouldn't you ask for mailing ability? Your characters cannot communicate at all, maybe we should consider this as well....

The point I am making is cross server is unavailable because it is exploitable and damages game mechanics...

Always has, always will.

So instead you force people to make characters of both factions on one server, yet this is a PvP liability too and already has an exploitable game mechanic in it with the possibility for spies for other guilds. To avoid this many a guild picked two servers - one for Sith and one for Rep. Now these guilds are being punished. Furthermore, this separating factions by server seemed to be inherent in the guild system that they presented us before for launch since they had the whole Allies and Enemies function when setting up your guild, which promoted guilds to pick a side for one server and a different side for others by not having to fight their allies if they wanted to roll Sith characters.