BattleMaster gear vs Champ Gear

Rasheth

After reading alot on these forums and looking at the stats.

It seems to me with the way the stats increase and expertise increases. All BM allows you to do is itemize your other stats better with mixing and matching mods adding in some rakata.

If 500-550 is the ideal amount of valor with DR kicking in at 10% currently then ideally you want the 10% and then focus your attention on whatever other stats are important to you.

Am I understanding this correctly?

I am not currently BM yet need 4 more levels for BM but I currently have 512 expertise and thats a mix of cent and champ gear (main hand, off hand, earpice, 1 implant, Bracers, Belt) everything else is cent.

TL,DR

If I equip relic I jump to 560. So I remove relic drop to 512 and can mess with mods somewhat to focus on crit and surge. Now seeing as BM give you the excess expertise and full champ does also am I safe to assume that moving up in tier in pvp gear just allows you to itemize your stats better? Of course you get your min-max damage increase from main hand.

If 500-550 is the ideal amount of valor with DR kicking in at 10% currently then ideally you want the 10% and then focus your attention on whatever other stats are important to you.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Someone started that lie and others ran with it. 500-550 is not ideal. 500-550 is when you start (repeat START) reaching the DR curve hard. People have been arguing this point for weeks now and I will still hold to the fact that expertise is the best PvP stat until you start getting over 700.

I'd rather have a half percent increase in expertise than a half percent increase in base stat. The problem is that a lot of BM gear is accuracy (which is useless for my class). Of course I did swap out accuracy crap for crit/surge mods from champ gear.

Someone started that lie and others ran with it. 500-550 is not ideal. 500-550 is when you start (repeat START) reaching the DR curve hard. People have been arguing this point for weeks now and I will still hold to the fact that expertise is the best PvP stat until you start getting over 700.

I'd rather have a half percent increase in expertise than a half percent increase in base stat. The problem is that a lot of BM gear is accuracy (which is useless for my class). Of course I did swap out accuracy crap for crit/surge mods from champ gear.

I agree that expertise stacking is the way to go HOWEVER it all depends on your class.

The two piece pve gear has such a nice set bonus for gunnery its waaay better than the 1% expertise.

(15% grav round crit)