You guys got the razer mouse, steelseries keyboard right but FORGOT the.....

Dein_Cathair

One thing that in 2012 is really necessary.

Foot pedals.

In the spirit that Tyrant mentored me in the old days on the UO forums, it's time to give back once again. He replied to me and my ideas more than any other poster on the uo forums back in the day.

I've been using footpedals since WoW in Nov 04, when a bunch of us from the uox3 forums all went to the same server.

So here's the quick pitch.

Using a cheap 3x version I picked up online, I see a huge difference in my pvp ability over others, who have to click/ just use their hands.

AND it keeps my legs moving :). And increases my breathing rate. LOL

It's a bit of free exercise!

At one point years ago I tried fragpedals, but they kinda sucked at the time. My 3x pedals I picked up online seem worn out and now dont always work. I ordered the new frag pedals a couple days ago. I should have the Friday for a review.

This post is meant in the same spirit of the one I made on the UO forums back in the day after EA took over how Ncsoft needed help with Lineage 1 and someone needed to help them. Ala- that turned into a 40m deal with garriott bros. lol

Enjoy,

Dein (aka glitterclothes TC)

P.S. they immortalized me in Lotro last year for my ideas. Quest level 68: Tusks of the Boar: look for Npc Deinol and Elder Dein

I'm currently using the Razer Naga and Logitech g510 keyboard (which i think is overkill for star wars.) I don't really see the purpose of foot pedals, I mean, i don't even have enough abilitys on my marauder to fill all my keybindings. Even on a regular keyboard with no Macro keys, I don't see the need for foot pedals, and since the GCD here is 1.5 seconds instead of 1 seconds like most other mmo's, honestly a clicker with few keybindings wouldn't have trouble at all with PvP. But that's just my opinion, Does anyone with foot pedals have anything positive to say about them, or why they would really be necessary? Edited by xnovaxstarx

My friend uses these!

Might I ask what abilities you use for your peddle bindings?

Sure, the left pedal on all chars is the stun removal/speed debuff skill. The middle pedal differs from char to char. On my Sage, I use the middle pedal as the "stun key" and the right pedal is the force wave (blasts people around). On my sentinel, the middle varies as I change the icons around, but usually riposte or the little shield we get, the right is usually dispach.

What I'm using now has no real brand name, but you can find them on google shopping by searching for triple foot switch. It's a one piece unit, with 3 pedals.

The new version of the fragpedals which I ordered the other day contains 4 pedals in 2 units.. The original version of the fragpedals which I purchased in 06, were really not worth it, it was almost impossible to tell if you made contact and were much better if you wore shoes. This new version looks much better.

The cheap unit im using right now has worked well over the past few years, I think I must have crushed the cord with a footstool i have under the desk, because they now tend to work intermittently. :/

I had originally planned to buy the new fragpedals and put each 2 pedal unit on either side of the 3 pedal unit im currently using, for a combined 7 pedal experience. :D

Well, here is my quick review of the new fragpedals.

I was deceived by the pretty pictures on their website.. lol :(

1. They are way too small for your average human male.

2. I don't like how they make contact. The way you give height to the pedals is a joke.

With the imported 3 pedal no-name unit I was currently using, it is much easier to find your proper pedal without any delays and it's a larger unit, giving it more stability in general and decent feedback on each pedal when fully depressed.

The frag pedals are going back.....yay for their 30 day return policy.

Hmm, I'm going to need to revise this post- fragpedals=junk compared to what I've been using.