New Update Issue

FatherOblivion

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

A new tier of armor will be made available in 1.2 for both PvP and PvE end game sets

I feared this would happen.

New tiers of gear is a poor thematic addition to the game. At the end of the day, it is an MMO, so grinding for gear is ultimately something one can expect. But the roots of the game should preclude the need for graduated gear grind of ever increasing magnitude. If new gear is to be introduced, then the most it should be is a variation on the available tiers.

For other MMOs, this may work. But that's NOT Star Wars. Last time I watched the series, Luke didn't need the latest nickel slick Starkiller publish 13 X-Wing to knock out the death star, nor did he travel to Dagobah to fill out his complement of raid gear. In both cases, it was skill and confidence that he possessed or sought to attain.

I think the end game of SWTOR should reflect this. Perhaps a similar, character specific end game similar to Legacy (possibly called Destiny or something) would have been more appropriate. I can't say for sure. But new tiers of gear is really not fitting for a Star Wars MMO.