Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

Rift has a nice free character transfer feature, can do it once every 7 days with characters may be handy to move toons onto lesser populated servers to help in lower the congestion of the queues but in time the queues may lapse and might not be so bad.

:)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

junga ma is flooded with non rp'ers and since it was one of the only 2 rp-pvp servers at prelaunch guess what!? Everyones friends who started there brought their friends who didnt get in prelaunch now we have 1.5 hour queue times. I have been in queue since 6 pm server time and I still have 96 peopel to go...

This is unacceptable... and "reroll" is not a good answer since I am lvl 30 and this is the server type I want.

junga ma is flooded with non rp'ers and since it was one of the only 2 rp-pvp servers at prelaunch guess what!? Everyones friends who started there brought their friends who didnt get in prelaunch now we have 1.5 hour queue times. I have been in queue since 6 pm server time and I still have 96 peopel to go...

This is unacceptable... and "reroll" is not a good answer since I am lvl 30 and this is the server type I want.

Yeah, "reroll" is a very, very bad answer. My main is well into his late 30s now, and my alt just hit 20. The 20 is only 1 day /played, but guess what - I'm NEVER going to do his story line again - why would I want to?

I'm willing to pay for a transfer. Pre-ordered. Love my character and my progress. Started on a light server, now 1 hr queue. Friends started after me but didn't see the point in 1 hr queue with all the light pop servers out now. Don't blame them. I put a lot of thought into picking the perfect character to play and will not redo all that work. Will ruin the experience and break the immersion.

This has probably been mentioned before on this thread, but apparently they ARE working on a character transfer system:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=570994

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

I think this is needed sooner, rather than later. At least then whole guilds can transfer off heavily populated servers and help to balance things.

Edited by Tarka

Why don't they just close the "Full" servers to new players? It's all the people coming in at launch or a day before that want to be on a big server that are creating the queues.

Or just raise the server pop.

Or just offer server transfers.

Damn. I just through of three solutions in like 10 seconds. I should work at Bioware.

Those suggestions all have consequences. See here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=570994

This. I just can't believe the amount of idiots (new players) making characters on full servers. Yesterday the que was acceptable, 30 mins max. Now it's ridiculous.

Probably because us "idiots" are joining friends already established on said full servers.

This game has more servers than I've seen on pretty much any MMO. Too many in fact. So later server mergers are liklely. After the initial free month pop die off, people will be wishing they had stayed on a more populated server.

I agree with this. It's great that they added a ton of new servers, but now they need to mitigate the full servers by allowing transfers to them. Blizzard has done/does it with WoW whenever a server gets a little too full and they want to mitigate to a less populated server.

Starting over sucks, I was forced to do so today. My time is limited and i'm NOT going to wait 45 min to play a darn game - PERIOD, no matter how much it costs. If I were to charge you 45 min of my time you couldn't afford it!

Allow us to transfer servers please. Its not a total loss as I didn't focus on getting too high, but still... disappointing to see a good developer have a total collective brain fart when it comes to this.