white crystal for mara, worth it?

redluna

pretty much

as i recall there are other color crystals there with the same stats, and they cost significantly less

Or they're free. It's called Rakata weapons.

The new colour crystals are a credit-sink that Bioware needed to implement. Currently there was nothing really to dump credits into to keep the market balanced, other than repair bills (which don't occur in PVP), and re-specing.

Once I get another Rakata mainhand i'll buy another White crystal and go duel white sabers for my Marauder. 5 million price tag screams E-PEEN way to much to ignore. You can also swap them out for 27k, to change it up now and then.

Farm Kaon HM for "The Prowler" and pull out the +41 crit crystal

Kill Gharj in EV HM and/or Karagga for the Rakata weapon token. That crystal has +41 power.

IMHO, these are the only crystals you should be going for.

EDIT: and when you get to ~35% crit, dual Rakata Black/Red sabers look pretty dope!

Edited by Selinoz

If i did not already have 2 rakata weapons...

And I did not spend 1 mil on an obnoxious speeder...

I would go black-yellow preorder crystals! 250k for 41 xpertise,power,crit ect..

I am actually pumped for those crystals. Shame I dont need them.

I spent an extremely long time playing with the GTN, so I was really well-geared as soon as I hit 50 with a lot of money to spare... so I got double white +41 pow crystals.

Though I only did it because nobody would take me to HM Ops, so no Rakatas for me...

Back during the Magenta craze I was one of the only players on my server with the ability to craft it and the schem. So I made a lot of money. I'm pretty sure that I was also one of the only people who had every Columi implant schem for a while (this was after I picked up Biochem) so I made a lot of money off those. I had 19 mil. So I bought two of every color crystal for +41 power and a Blue and Green +41 expertise crystal. I needed something to put my credits into. It's pointless having that much. I liked all the colors so I boughtem all lol