Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Solution to Tomb of Freedon Nadd Queueing Problem

Orangerascal

Dear Bioware,

As you know we're encountering some really long queue times in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server. The reason for this is actually quite simple, community leaders from 3 (or more) countries have all focused their attention on this server and are fighting a war of attrition to see who will cave first and move out.

Many players have spent a lot of time already invested into their characters. I myself have about 8 hours invested. The problem is not the individuals time invested, but the collective time of the community. While I would not mind moving, the logistical and social penalties caused by rerolling isn't acceptable to most guilds. We would lose some players. This is only compounded as more and more time goes by.

I propose that you clone the server. This way the leaders of the Italian, Spanish, and UK communities can go their separate way. I propose the smaller spanish and Italian communities can go one server, while the bigger UK community can go on a different server.

Regards,

The Citizens of Tomb of Freedon Nadd

TLDR; Clone the server :)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English EU PvP Server Queues | Yesterday , 10:46 PM

We are aware of long queue times on some select EU English PvP servers. If you are attempting to enter an EU English PvP server and are encountering a 2+ hour queue, we strongly encourage you to select a different EU English PvP server. Many of these servers do not have long queue times, and you’ll be able to get in-game much faster. We expect populations across all of these servers to remain very healthy, so please do not hesitate to select a server that has a shorter queue time to begin enjoying the game faster!

Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

I think this answers your question mate. It's the official stance on server queues. Re-roll somewhere else. Not easy for everyone, but if the three community leaders pick a separate server each and then orhanise a mass re-roll it would work.

Cloning a server is easy, making a clone of the database entries for all the characters and their associated entries is very complex.

Dear Bioware,

As you know we're encountering some really long queue times in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server. The reason for this is actually quite simple, community leaders from 3 (or more) countries have all focused their attention on this server and are fighting a war of attrition to see who will cave first and move out.

Many players have spent a lot of time already invested into their characters. I myself have about 8 hours invested. The problem is not the individuals time invested, but the collective time of the community. While I would not mind moving, the logistical and social penalties caused by rerolling isn't acceptable to most guilds. We would lose some players. This is only compounded as more and more time goes by.

I propose that you clone the server. This way the leaders of the Italian, Spanish, and UK communities can go their separate way. I propose the smaller spanish and Italian communities can go one server, while the bigger UK community can go on a different server.

Regards,

Excellent suggestion and a good chance to see what we can expect from Bioware in terms of good community service. Quite frankly the sticky about the queues was a joke and a piss poor attempt at showing the loyal players of TOFN some loving.

This is not a bad idea, but it would leave alot of trash behind. Perhaps a free transfer for guilds? Thus moving an entire guild and giving all members the ability to transfer with the guild or stay.

Bioware decides the destination, probably the least populated server

/agree

1.5 hour queues at 1:30 pm on a workday is a little bit on the long side, can only imagine the queues tomorrow during the day...

Can only imagine what it'll be like Tuesday morning when people come on see it populated and join completely ignorant to just how bad it'll be.

Guild migration is the only good way to go, im a resident of bloodworthy and we have almost as massive queues as you.

I wouldn't mind switching server as is but guild members that have spent 20hours plus are not as keen on moving.

We were placed on that server, dont tell us to go roll on another one.

Before suggesting any rerolls and stuff like that i would patiently wait until at least the 20th and see if the queues persist, because we don't even know for sure how many people who didn't even preorder are going to get the game that day, so if you go now to a standard or heavy server it might get a queue soon aswell.

This issue doesn't have an easy and quick solution, and it's to be expected when a big MMO like this launches, try having patience and we'll see what happens in the coming days.

There is only 1 solution to this

Create a spanish server of 2

That fixes it thrust me

My guild wants me to level i simply cant after comming home from work and have to wait this ridiculous times

i cant move server cause then ill have to part with my guild wich i have been with for months and sincertly they are going for world firsts i better be in there

feel me?

We all need to have different threads to get this problem addressed.

There is no global chat so we cannot get the msg out there.

Free migration from the tomb of freedon nadd is needed asap. I have guildees in a queue of 2000+ and its the middle of a working day!

I cannot begin to imagine the queue time at the peak logging in window...

Well after leveling a character as far as some people did, i can understand their reluctance to re-roll, i think a sulution would be Character Migration.

No loss of character or items

gain: Less Queue times to enter your beloved game.

I personally would make use of this option.

I speak for Italian's comunity: we are just a few (no more than 500), so we really don't make the big difference.

Making a server just for Spanish and Italians will be, maybe, bad, because we are not enough to make a balanced server.

I think our server is made of:

65% UK (4000+)

25% ESP (1500)

10% ITA (500)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

IMHO we should stop QQ and wait the full opening.

the server it's great, cause our comunity are fine, maybe we have to wait the 20

Edited by Sireene
Inappropriate Content

+1

Something needs to be done about the queues.

To not be able to get into the server our guild was assigned makes a mockery of the entire system.

I'd planned on exploring all of the different class stories at some point, after playing through my main character's story, but I've already had to make characters on other servers because of these ridiculous queues.

Dear Bioware,

Regards,

/agree Do that or something else helpful, situation is really bad!

THERE IS ONLY 1 SOLUTION, THAT IS FREE CHARACTER MIGRATION, ASAP.

we are lvl 11-34 in my guild, we cannot play anymore, and ther is NO WAY WE REROLL and do all this over again.

Bioware, TRION WORLDS showed that character migration, can be done freely, and wont take more than a few seconds...

MAN UP!

ps: Love you and this game, but this is ruining my guilds ability to play together, which is the entire point in an mmo.

BEST REGARDS

Martin.

Guild Leader

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.