Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

**December 16th Waves**

KitOnlyHuman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dec 11th and I'm in on wave 3 on the 16th!

Thanks guys, I hope I never have to return to these forums!

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Critique, no flame actually intended.

I hope that a good journalist finds out the launch details at some point. It would be helpful to understand if the early access marketing terms placed on the website and retail sites was originated from Bioware or from Electronic Arts.

If it was from Bioware we can let it ride as a new experience in their first Massively Multiplayer game, if it came from EA then it's a standard and we can understand that any game from EA will have similar problems as did Age of Reckoning and Old Republic, that what they market was misleading.

5 Day Early Access ended Thursday 15th Dec. Extended non play days lead through the 22nd of Dec, free play and early access are not the same.

From my position, my concern is focused on setting realistic expectations. The early access program did not set those expectations well as evidenced by the many many forum posts and offsite posts on major gaming fan sites.

Point being it could have been handled better and should be for all future games. State facts that can be supported, don't mislead people into having false expectations.

Marketing wise you now have a segment of the population that will always question the decisions of Bioware and will have a permanent trust issue. Word of mouth sales will take a hit when it shouldn't have with proper expectations.

Note: Please use swtor.com for updates and status, and all information status should be there first with twitter feeds and facebook synced after. swtor.com is the game, twitter is a social feed.

Edited by NuanceNW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.