**December 16th Waves**

KitOnlyHuman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys/Gals settle settle settle please!!

If you entered a code before the 15th you WILL be in today.

This isnt about days its about volume.

There was a general spike on the 7th and 8th as this was the most likely time that people who had tried Beta over the Thanksgiving weekend had the chance to decide whether they seriously wanted to buy the game or not. (I know im one of them, as is my son).

Once they are through the 9th, the rest of the EA keys entered aka 10th through the 15th will go very fast.

If any of you have been watching the forums I predicted on Tuesday, using simple algorithms that all pre-orders up to the 15th would be in by the 16th, dinner time.

So far everything I have said has been spot on.

Have faith my friends, you WILL be playing today. :)

I just gotta say i'm gonna laugh so hard when all of you get into the game and no one even gives a crap that they waited :p I was fortunate enough to play the Beta from the start, and I gotta say this game is awesome. So just wait a few hours, go make some food or go watch TV for an hour or two while you wait and stop clogging up server space with a billion new posts! If you do follow twitter basically everyone is getting in today, unless maybe you literally just pre-ordered a second ago...

The waves are each X ammount of people. They do not go by day your pre-order, but by ammount of people who pre-order.

So for example, if july 21th - oct 21th would be 1000 people. And Dec 8th would be 1000 people. From July to Oct it would take as many waves as for Dec 8th alone.

Proof on pre-order numbers made on Dec.8th ~ Now and we will believe this. Otherwise bye.

you people need to learn to be more optimist and stop complaining about not getting in.

Wait patient like everyone else.

Why does everyone feel the entitlement to shoot down peoples asperations as well as their entitlement? Did we not pay just the same as the people already playing? Did we not get the same advertisement that stated, "If you pre-order you get early access on Dec. 15th." Well, last time I looked it was the 16th!!! and obviously a lot of us are still not playing...Please hold your hostility for the liars not the people that should have received what they were 'expecting'

@Rockjaw I redeemed my code on the 9th but it registers on SWTOR site as the 15th :( Will this change if I get in today or not?

Stephen Reid @Rockjaw Close

@Wkdclwncar You should still get in.

Edited by Aptur

I wouldn't get too riled up. Even if you get access, you may not be able to play due to queues, especially on a friday night. Last night, for example, I couldn't get in at all, partially due to a couple disconnects while in queue.

I'm beginning to think of the early access people less like 'the privileged few' and more like 'the guinea pigs used to even out server balance so launch day goes smoothly'

Still, no complaints here. Big fan so far.

No matter how many they stil have left to do. They will break it up over multiple waves just to cover thier ***. If they completed it in 1 or 2 waves how hard would they get flamed for not just doing the 1 or 2 extra waves yesterday. So it is highly possible that the waves they are sending are quite a bit smaller than the prior days so they can say they are trying and use "a huge amount of preorders in December" to cover thier ***. They can do this because we don't have any of the per-order numbers. So I highly expect 1-2 days at a time for them to do what they could have probably done yesterday in 1 wave.

5%? You mean the $5.00 for the PRE ORDER FEE?

Did it say anywhere $5.00 for Early Game Access?

With the exception of the collectors edition, why did anyone pre-order other than to gain early access?

It should be labeled 5.00$ early access fee.

Why does everyone feel the entitlement to shoot down peoples asperations as well as their entitlement? Did we not pay just the same as the people already playing? Did we not get the same advertisement that stated, "If you pre-order you get early access on Dec. 15th." Well, last time I looked it was the 16th!!! and obviously a lot of us are still not playing...Please hold your hostility for the liars not the people that should have received what they were 'expecting'

No you did not, it was advertised that you'd get at least 5 days early access.