just hit 50... how do i get pvp gear, fast?

JayGunny

title says it all.

Ive been doing warzones but thats only getting me certain comm's...

I realized buying bags would take life and that doesn't even guarantee the right item, each time either.

I'm now on illum do I just quest?

You need 200 Mercenary Commendations as well as 200 Warzone Commendations for one Champion PvP bag, purchasable from the PvP Items vendor next to the quest terminal in the Combat Training section of the fleet.

Mercenary commendations are purchased from this vendor with Warzone comms at a rate of 3:1, so for each Champion bag you'll need a total of 800 Warzone commendations. Buying the bags is more of a supplement to the bags you get as rewards from the Weekly/Daily pvp quests.

So, basically, do the PvP dailies every day for one Champ bag, the weeklies for 3 Champ Bags, and supplement these with the bags you purchase with the commendations you get from doing all the warzones.

tl;dr: PvP your heart out.

Edited by Augtastic

You need 200 Mercenary Commendations as well as 200 Warzone Commendations for one Champion PvP bag, purchasable from the PvP Items vendor next to the quest terminal in the Combat Training section of the fleet.

Mercenary commendations are purchased from this vendor with Warzone comms at a rate of 3:1, so for each Champion bag you'll need a total of 800 Warzone commendations. Buying the bags is more of a supplement to the bags you get as rewards from the Weekly/Daily pvp quests.

So, basically, do the PvP dailies every day for one Champ bag, the weeklies for 3 Champ Bags, and supplement these with the bags you purchase with the commendations you get from doing all the warzones.

tl;dr: PvP your heart out.

Thanks!

So what is up with Illum, sorry for noob question

Theres alot of changes coming in todays patch for pvp.

Now be mindful. Since you are a new level 50, expect to get your butt kicked all over the map. The amount of damage you dealt during your 10-49 years will be alot smaller.

It will be VERY frustrating at first but unfortunately until you start to build your pvp gear this is how it will be. So play smarter - look for easy kills, and depending on your class, a new style of playing.

The pvp changes mean that you will gain Valour a lot faster for the first 4 medals and that will be the cap as of todays game update.

Ilum is a nightmare. Badly designed and a lag fest. Once todays patch has been installed, your daily and weekly Ilum kills(Tuesdays reset the weekly quests), warzone kills will now count toward this total(they didnt before).

Again, its worth looking into videos and advice from your class forum to see what will work best for you.

You can get to a solid amount of Expertise very quickly. My first alt is about to hit 50 in the next couple of days (been delaying it to stockpile a few more comms first.) Ideally, you'd be hitting 50 with a full stockpile which would give you 6 bags out the door (42 Champion Commendations, 90 Centurion ones.)

Buy a Crystal for 125k (+41 Exp)

Buy Champion Relic for 24 Champ Comms (+48 Exp)

Buy Centurion 2x Implants (2x21C, 2x+39 Exp), Device (21 Cs, +39 Exp), Armguards (25 Cs, +39 Exp)

So, the minute you hit 50 you can have 245 Expertise which is 6%. It's also all loaded into the slots that are generally going to be amongst your worst equipment anyway as they generally aren't moddable.

Of course, the quick gearup doesn't stop there. On your first day you can comfortably (2 bags) add Centurion Belt/Offhand and a second relic. At that stage you're hitting almost 350 Expertise and more than 7.5% (so only relatively small difference between you and people around 500 Expertise.) The following day (or the same if you do a lot of WZs and hit your weekly, for example( you can pick up your offhand, which is the final 'cheap' slot. At that point you can start picking up bits for your set bonuses although I'd suggest getting them with your Champion Commendations rather than centurion versions.

Alongside that you can do the Ilum/Belsavis dailies to put Purple 50/51 Mods in your moddable slots which gives them stats slightly better than Centurion. All in all, you can quiskly get 300-400 Expertise - inside a week if you didn't prepare, inside 48 hours if you did. The real disparity between players in the 50 bracket is (1) Skill/Experience and (2) PVE gear - if you aren't quickly in 50-Purple gear you'll really be feeling the hurt.

Belt (25 Cs, +39 Exp)

Edited by Aetou

title says it all.

Ive been doing warzones but thats only getting me certain comm's...

I realized buying bags would take life and that doesn't even guarantee the right item, each time either.

I'm now on illum do I just quest?

go to ilum every day, join a grp there, stand afk for the whole day and press your buff button every 5 minutes. do that until you are valor rank 60. then join WZs with a premade grp and facerool the random grps. yeh much fun, huh?