Investigation and Schematics

xCipher

I've searched but I can't seem to find a definitive answer, how do you get Prototype Schematics from Investigation? I just picked it up and all I got are Researched Compounds and Companion Gifts for missions? Which one has the schematics as a possible reward? I've ran both multiple times but never have I gotten a single schematic to drop. Am I too low a level to get them as rewards?

They drop at various levels from both the gift and materials missions. They may be crit-only rewards, but I'm not positive.

So I probably need to raise my level until I get Rich or Bountiful? I would think they are only from Researched Compounds and not Companion Gifts but that's cool, so I can run both and still expect to see schematics.

They are also very, very rare. I have crit many, many times on my Investigation missions, but I've only ever gotten 3 Armormech schematics. I have never gotten one single Armstech schematic. As as Armstech, this SUCKS.

I have received literally dozens of schems from purple missions (one time uses) and they're all pretty terrible. I have a ton of armormech and synth and have had my fair share of artifice, armstech, cybeertech and bichem.

But they're just "ok". The biochem and cybertech would be the best selling ones that I have found.

Swijr

Does it really matter what missions I run though?

Or will any mission that crits have a chance to bring a schematic. I got Slicing so I can run those rare one time use missions which I hear is how you get schematics easier but I want to know of the normal missions which ones I should be running to get schematics to drop more readily. So far I've been focusing on companion gifts because they tend to take half the time so i can raise my level faster but i haven't had a single schematic drop.

Edited by xCipher

Does it really matter what missions I run though?

Or will any mission that crits have a chance to bring a schematic. I got Slicing so I can run those rare one time use missions which I hear is how you get schematics easier but I want to know of the normal missions which ones I should be running to get schematics to drop more readily. So far I've been focusing on companion gifts because they tend to take half the time so i can raise my level faster but i haven't had a single schematic drop.

Only run rich missions. I've noticed especially with slicing that has no rank 6 rich or bountifull lockboxes, only either moderate or abundant.

When I run with my max affection companions even though they don't have the crit to slicing, that's on the jedi knight (T7-01) and smuggler (Risha), they still get me missions every now and then. Ironically I've gotten slicing missions from those as well but rare.

Shemantics can also drop with slicing, but I feel getting missions is more likely for me.

Which suits me just fine because those missions can actually get me those shemantics as well. And otherwise its scour the GTN every day.

Cybertech for the ship upgrades is great, because doing the space missions every day is easy money and having the best ship upgrades avaible to you makes it all that more fun.